cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've just received my upgrade of the above phone and have a query. Did anyone get a charger with their phone? I have a charging cable but no brick, yet there is a gap in the box for the brick.

Thanks

Matt
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 no longer supply plugs with phones @Anonymous 

It's part of their 'green' policy

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @jonsie that explains why the box looked open too. They must have opened it to remove the charger before shipping.
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks @jonsie that explains why the box looked open too. They must have opened it to remove the charger before shipping.

Yes @Anonymous ...then they have the nerve to sell them separately at a profit! Cheeky B......s

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff I think this whole removing chargers is a disgrace. If a manufacturer has it in the box then it should ship with it in the box.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Not one single consumer will disagree with you @Anonymous 

It's just legalised theft.

Certainly now Apple and Samsung do not ship chargers, which although not ideal, is at least known and you buy in full knowledge.

But removing them from boxes is just a huge con!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It should be illegal IMHO

All phones should be supplied as intended by the manufacturer and certainly not removed by O2

It saves the planet but how?

They will still be in circulation and in use

Shipped to other countries?

No, they are 3 pin so adaptors would have to be bought for use anywhere else causing more components to be manufactured

There must be a mountain of plugs somewhere within O2!

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone from O2 come on the community regularly? Would be interesting to see if they have any comments they would like to make.
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

It has been mentioned here many time and even to the managers. However, they aren't in a position to change O2's business plans.

My personal concern is, people will go onto Ebay and buy the cheapest chargers which don't fit the requirements of British standards. They are then putting themselves and family at risk by using substandard chargers. (Fires etc)

It would help if manufacturers would make sure chargers fit all the devices they manufacture

For instance, we are a family who all (bar one of us) have Samsung phones. My charger for my Note 8 doesn't fit my husbands phone. He has a Samsung S7Edge. It fits my grandson's Note 10. My son who has a Samsung A20 can use mine to charge but not his Dads. Ridiculous.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. Luckily my old phone had a suitable charger.
Message 10 of 10