Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30 updates

DSB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is O2 still providing updates for the LG v30? I think ive had 2 updates since i purchased the phone in december 2018, 1 being the Oreo update.

Other carriers from other regions seem to push out more updates for the device, some even pushing out an update in preparation for Android Pie.

Just curious as to where the device stands on updates.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just installed using the LG bridge pc app.
Seems quicker, some tweaks to UI (keyboard looks different, app icons and app drawer also different).
Moment of panic when first installed. Where are my apps?! My home screen looks different!
Backed up through bridge before install so got settings etc back (thankfully!). Just see how we go from here...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 14

DSB
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did the same yesterday (used bridge) . was a little nervous using it as i dont know how well it would work. The first boot took a while (also a nervous moment) , but it eventually completed.

I like the update. It also fixed a weird wifi issue i had on mine.
Message 12 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is that the one that takes ages to connect to mobile data when disconnecting from Wi-Fi?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 14

DSB
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No mine was ok for that.
The issue i had was when waking phone, the wifi showd as connected, but i couldnt get throughput. i had turn wifi off then on each time waking phone.
Message 14 of 14