cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus E460 Android Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will there be any upgrades to Android for the LG E460 phones.  Mine is still on 4.1.2 and has not upgraded for over a year at least...I know it probably won't be able to handle the Marshmallow, but surely it is time to upgrade it to 4.4 at least.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to LG and it is down to Google releasing it and then the network carriers releasing it.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
LG are not well known for updating their phones, so it's doubtful in all honesty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems a bit stupid to me, for those not technical enough it would be a hassle, and even if you can do it, if something goes wrong you have broken the warranty and can't get it fixed.  And where's the problem in releasing old updates, as I said I am not even on 4.4 let alone 5 or 6, so I am 3 upgrades behind and only asking for 1 update, not all of them.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to LG and it is down to Google releasing it and then the network carriers releasing it.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is actually LG that need to modify it from Google and then it gets pushed out to carriers, so they missed off a vital step in their response to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

With regards to the updates, sadly we are not given information as to when or if our handsets will be receiving certain updates until they are available. The reason being Mark is that the updates are decided by Google, who then release them to the network providers e.g. Vodafone, EE. The network providers then decide whether they wish to release an update. If approved, you will then be prompted for an over the air update.

For unlocked handsets, you will need to check via LG Bridge to see if the update is available as it may be released here prior to prompting you for an over the air update. If the LG Bridge cannot locate the update then sadly the update is not available.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Google only push updates directly to Nexus devices.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8