cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop my Galaxy S3 using Skype?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I stop my Galaxy S3 from going to Skype every time I try to dial a number?

It allowed me to set up Skype originally and I chose 'Yes', then 'All the time'. Now it doesn't ask any more so I can't dial out via the phone network.    Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You need to clear the defaults you have applied to the phone app. Settings >manage applications >all >phone. Clear data and cache which will reset the skype default then next time you make a call from the phone app it will ask you if you want to use phone or skype. If you select just once you will be asked everytime, or select phone and always to always allow the phone app to dial from itself. To use skype just open the skype app to make a skype call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23536 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Open the Skype app, go into settings and untick 'All the time'.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
  • 23536 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I'm not entirely sure why, but I can't edit my last post. Best thing for you to do is open the app, go into settings, then General Settings, then untick 'Sign in automatically'. You'll have to sign in every time you want to use Skype, but it should stop it from launching when you want to make a call. Or, sign out of Skype and untick the box that says 'Exit and sign me in when Skype starts'. Alternatively, you could uninstall and then reinstall the app. When it prompts you for 'All the time', don't tick it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I forgot to say that the problem occurs when I am in the phone's talking section. When I dial the number then click the green handset icon, instead of dialing the number that is selected in the screen, it brings up Skype straight away. If Skype isn't logged in, it just brings up up the Skype logon screen.

Message 4 of 8

Bambino
  • 23536 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Without being able to see what your phone is doing it's difficult to tell you how to stop that from happening. I think the best thing for you to do is to uninstall the app, reboot your phone to clear any temp files, and then reinstall Skype without ticking the 'All the time' prompt. Or if MI5, who is the forum's expert on Samsungs has a better idea, maybe he can help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You need to clear the defaults you have applied to the phone app. Settings >manage applications >all >phone. Clear data and cache which will reset the skype default then next time you make a call from the phone app it will ask you if you want to use phone or skype. If you select just once you will be asked everytime, or select phone and always to always allow the phone app to dial from itself. To use skype just open the skype app to make a skype call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes! Absolutely magic!
That worked!
Brill... thanks... John.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
No probs wink
Message 8 of 8