Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 4

FlareFluffsune
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2,

I think this is the first post I've made in this forum and quite frankly its not a post I really want to make because O2 has been so amazingly good to me and helped me out of so many bad situations especially during this outbreak.

But I'm getting so stupidly frustrated over what you call 'a shop'. I've been with O2 now for I think 15 years, every phone I have had has been with O2 so why must you make it so god damned hard to continue taking phones out with you.

I went from the Samsung 5 to the Google Pixel 1 almost 4 years ago, best phone I ever had. Guess what I had to take it out with Carphone Warehouse despite really, really preferring taking out a contract directly through O2. After that phone I upgraded to a Pixel 3XL, again through Carphone Warhouse because when I went to my local O2 store first they said they were going to stock it then that apparently changed and I couldn't get a contract directly through O2.

Now my contract is going to end in a few months for a phone I consider to be the most brilliant, and best ever investment I have made and I would enjoy upgrading to the Pixel 4 and guess what I cannot get a Pixel 4 on an O2 contract! Why must you make this so god damned hard to give you money O2?

You know what I don't want?

• I don't want free concert tickets.
  • I don't want free Disney+
  • I don't want headphones
  • I don't want free tablets

I don't want Hauwei, Samsung, Apple or mobile hotspots. What I want is for O2 to give me the way to give them money so I get what it is I want from them as a service.

Otherwise I'm going to have to find someone else to give my money to.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@FlareFluffsune This is not O2. This is a customer community. You're ranting in the wrong place.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
o2 seem to be concentrating on two markets - Apple and Samsung) and ignoring anything else.
Can't see the sense in that to be honest, as I don't want an iPhone and I'm not keen on Samsung either.
If you take a contract out on o2 using a 3rd party (mobile phones direct for example) you are still paying o2 and getting their service, but there are other choices.
Or you could get a phone off contract (another retailer) and go sim only.
Ultimately you need to go where you get the choices you want...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I feel the same frustartion. 

73 phones available on Pay Monthly with O2 (a lot of them duplicated by the "Like New" models)

On EE there are 282 phones available on Pay Monthly.  Ok, so they also have their equivalent of "Like New", but that is a staggering difference in offering.

The biggest frustration is that when you shop around, even if you want to stay with O2, unless you do it direct through O2, you don't get refresh, which is something I do like about O2.

To add salt to the wound, O2 no longer have a relationship with Carphone Warehouse, so that option has gone now anyway.

So you have 3 options:

• Stick with O2 and compromise on the device you want
  • Change to a competitor network
  • Go with an online only comany similar to carephone warehouse - @gmarkj Told me about these three: buymobiles.net, affordablemobiles.co.uk and mobilephonesdirect.co.uk, although I don't think I'd be brave enough to use those
Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 4