cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S not connecting to mobile network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my Galaxy Tab S this afternoon following repair.Before boot up I inserted memory card and sim and booted tab up only to discover that it would not connect to the O2 mobile network (mobile data) In other words the tab was returned with the issue unresolved ie unable to connect to mobile data. Now I am back to square one again with the prospect of sending the tab off again. I discussed this issue with O2 this afternoon explaining the tablet is under guarantee for the length of the contract and the proper thing to do would be a replacement. I am paying £30 per month £15 of which is for 5gb of mobile data which I can't use. I am very disappointed at the overall service and feel the issue should have been solved.

Desmond Gleeson

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
1. Go to Samsung as they offer the 2 year guarantee.
2. Go to Samsung as they are better knowledge with the actual product.
3. You're not going to get it replaced under any directive after a reasonable time when the cost of replacement far exceeds the cost of repair. If you wish to go down that route then so be it, but personally, I'd go to Samsung and get it sorted in less time than it will take for your letter of complaint to be replied to.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It should have been sorted first time and I wouldn't be happy. Mind you I wouldn't send a clockwork mouse to O2's repairers, far better to deal with Samsung. You have a two year manufacturer's warranty.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This happens a lot with o2 repairs, they don't have a great reputation, search the forum for more stories. 

You could try sending it to Samsung 

if you wish to complain then use this form

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
All was done was a factory reset which I had done several times before sending it to o2. The letter received with the device this afternoon stated that a factory reset solves most problems. A factory reset didn't work for me,then how is it going to work when o2 do it. I am really *bleep* off,contract has another 6mths to run. Me thinks a change of network with more reliable service.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would still have to pay what you owe if you changed now 

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed,but why pay for something that isn't fit for purpose or isn't working correctly. I asked to have the device replaced but was told to send in for repair again. No doubt I would receive the same result. Looking at various forums on this issue it appears to be very common.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

EU directive 1999/44/EC states that: 'A two-year guarantee applies for the sale of all consumer goods everywhere in the EU. In some countries, this may be more, and some manufacturers also choose to offer a longer warranty period.'
Crucially a key point in the directive is that it doesn’t require the buyer to show the fault is inherent in the product and not down to their actions, unlike the Sale of Goods Act.
If you take a product back to a store and quote the EU rule you might find that some junior staff are not aware of it. However, if you take your complaint up the chain to the legal team then there are reports that stores will honour the two-year EU directive. 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not much help given on here.
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 9 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
1. Go to Samsung as they offer the 2 year guarantee.
2. Go to Samsung as they are better knowledge with the actual product.
3. You're not going to get it replaced under any directive after a reasonable time when the cost of replacement far exceeds the cost of repair. If you wish to go down that route then so be it, but personally, I'd go to Samsung and get it sorted in less time than it will take for your letter of complaint to be replied to.
Message 10 of 12