cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Face Unlock Disabling Pin Code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, first of all would like to say Hello. I'm a veteran O2 customer being with them for 10+ years but this is my first time on the forum.

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 about a week ago, from an iPhone 4S (I didn't like the stretched look of the iPhone 5 but that's a whole new debate there!)

Basically I have an issue which is really annoying me, I have enabled Face unlock. Quite a cool feature and also have the backup code if anyone else (my partner) want to use the phone. However I would like to "re take" the photo for face unlock as I believe I need to be in a slightly less lit room as it sometimes has difficulty when I'm outside unlocking. 

I have gone into Settings>Security>Screen Lock and am greeted with a screen that says "Confirm Pin" I type my unlock code in and it says "Sorry, try again" 

I can't for the life of me think what this code could be as I know the unlock code for the phone and believe it to be that. I have not entered any other code for the handset.

I have tried 20 maybe 30 times to try this and have also tried several codes that I often use for other things thinking I may have entered something wrong.

I have also searched google for hours trying to find anyone else with the same problem and it seems that it is only me with the issue!

Please help 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes very good idea, I did see the option there but when I tried to get access to it I was greeted again with the screen to "enter pin code" and again no code I attempted to enter would work.

At the moment I have no security on the device however I now have Kaspersky with remote wipe enabled and dropbox is passcode protected! Where I keep all my company work. 

Thanks for all the help guys.

Message 21 of 21