cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Access no longer working as I changed password!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I reset the password on an online account, and my Galaxy S7 is set to recognise my fingerprint for authentication for that site.

However my finger print doesn't work any more as the password linked to it is now wrong, so I have to cancel the fingerprint step and add in my password.

Is there a way to amend this setting so my password will be recognised and I can use my fingerprint again please?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Turn off fingerprint recognition for that site then back on again and it should ask you to re-register your print which will then be linked to the password.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you but where do I do that? It is what I am trying to find on my device.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Usually a setting option in the app to turn fingerprint login on and off....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you doing? Did you find the correct setting that MI5 mentioned above? Please let us know! slight_smile

Message 5 of 5