cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage - that old Chestnut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Im new to O2 and this forum.

I moved from EE on 20th Feb after 17 years. I have always had a 500mg Pay as you go package and never, in 17 years gone over that. I do use facebook, whatsapp and gmail. Dont do twitter, or watch You tube (only on wifi) .

I wentto O2 becasue the coverage in my area is bette. I also got a new phone - a SonyXperia Z3. In the 3 weeks Ive been with O2 I have used all my data and had to buy another bundle!! I cant go on for another 23 months like this! My new phone has shed loads of apps installed that I will never use and cant delete and whenever I go to disable them i get a warning about causing problems with other apps and data. Im guessing this is scaremongering or just Sony covering themselves if, in an unlikely event, something does go wrong.

Im planning on turning all these apps off but really - is there something else I should know about O2 and the way it grabs data that might be different to EE??!!

Any thoughs gratefully received.

regards

Ray

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a data monitor hovering in my top left of screen on m S6 Edge which monitors on demand traffic.. and I can tell you outside of the videos autoplaying (if not turned off) and posts loading, picture viewing.. Facebook easily uses about 5MB-12MB a shot every time you load it up and that doesn't include it's notifications...

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

God forbid it updates in the background as it's always  around 40MB and seems to update every day! 

Message 12 of 12