cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g issue on Note 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a galaxy Note 3 on a 4g tariff but I keep losing 4g signal, it keeps switching back to H+ and 4g doesn't reappear until I do a reboot, soon as I make or take a call 4g will switch to H+ during the call (which it should do) but once call has ended I would expect 4g to reppear but it doesn't. The 4g doesn't seem to last long, most of the time it will switch to H+ without taking any calls.

I've let the issue go a little bit as I'll be getting a Note 4 once released but thought I'd share to see if anyone else has had a similar problem or know of any fix. I definitly have a 4g sim on a 4g tariff and my area does have 4g coverage, my Wife has the S4, she picks up 4g while I only show H+.

It's frustrating as I pay for 4g but lack the service.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The same happens in my iPhone but does return from 3G back to 4G within a few seconds.

Perhaps clean the sim or have it swapped out at an O2 shop.

You could report the masts if it's happenjng in one place via the mynetwork app and check your mast status via the link http://status.o2.co.uk and it may be that your on fringe coverage for 4g.

Can you try your sim in another 4g compatible phone as a process of elimination ?

Last resort would be to let Samsung Uk support have a look at it.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I don't think it's a mast issue as my wife is on the same network and get's 4g when I don't.

I have tried cleaning the sim in the past but doesn't seem to fix the problem, I'll test with another 4g sim card I have, see if that works

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would certainly try the sim first. Have you thought of trying your wife's sim in your phone?

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I've got a couple of o2 4g sims I can test

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow

Cheers

Message 5 of 5