cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for other O2 Customers in Devon, Ashburton, Chudleigh, South Hams and Dartmoor area

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm looking for other customers having the same troubles as I have. There is virtually no Data Connection at Dartmoor, Ashburton, Chudleigh , Totnes. I have just GSM data connections (very low speed). changing to 4G but even with 4G Data is very slow.  The problem I'm facing exists till the start  of my Contract in June. O2 does know about problem and say it is working on it. Been with Mobile carrier since 1990 I recon this is a very serious problem because no one can tell when proplem is solved. I guess O2 does use other cariers and do not have their own service in this Area. O2 will given me a compensation but to be honest, that does not work long term. When I get another PAYG Sim Card from a decent carrier, my old number can only be forwarded but no SMS received nor I can call out with my original Caller ID nor I can use some Messenger tied to the Mobile Number.  I trie to get out of the contract but need help from other Customers in that Area. Will write also in Giff Gaff communitiy forums to get a good picture of this problem. Many thanks for your help, Oliver (sorry for my writing I'm not native English)

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Every network has black spots in different parts of the country.
You don't need other customers though to get out of your contract. Just follow the complaints procedure and if necessary take it to deadlock.
They will usually let you return the phone and walk away but if you are on refresh, just buy your phone off them and cancel airtime for free and use your phone with a sim off another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Every network has black spots in different parts of the country.
You don't need other customers though to get out of your contract. Just follow the complaints procedure and if necessary take it to deadlock.
They will usually let you return the phone and walk away but if you are on refresh, just buy your phone off them and cancel airtime for free and use your phone with a sim off another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2