Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,224
2,223 REPLIES 2,223

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Hi all I guess a few days late but getting married last Saturday has made me very happy .

Congrats, @adamtemp64 - many years of penury, er happiness and joy ahead of you 😇🤣

Message 1891 of 2,224

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Hi all I guess a few days late but getting married last Saturday has made me very happy .

What lovely news - a big congratulations to you @adamtemp64 ! smilingchampagne_glass

Message 1892 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of things made me happy today ... ... ... some days it doesn't take much slight_smile

Been to my frequent afternoon haunt = Herriots (hotel, bar and restaurant)

Sat with a good friend who is in my support bubble

PayDay today = Yippee!

Treated myself to a slice of chef made Lemon Drizzle cake = scrummy with de-caff tea

Hope everyone on the community has had some thing(s) to be happy for today heart 

Message 1893 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I went for my massage therapy today....Very relaxing and made me feel great.thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1894 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few swift halves of real ale shandy in Early Doors micro pub

Meeting a good friend, unplanned and spending rest of afternoon and early evening with them enjoying drinks out

Finding out that my cat Marty will drink water from a stainless steel shallow dish (have tried several things in attempt to get him to drink inside house)

Comfy clothing ie baggy t-shirt and leggins = 1st of the season

Spoke in person to Adam O2 Guru at Skipton store regarding little or no signal on my phone when in my home - previously always had good signal - Adam didn't need asking to report it to O2, as I would have struggled myself - apparently not an isolated incident of reported poor signal to O2 store recently - I had checked if there was a mast down as per O2 Community information, but no ... Adam explained that the more people report the insubstantial signal the more likely O2 are to investigate ... ... ... please could @Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB commend Adam for his professionalism and understanding of a non-techie person such as myself

Sooo relieved my eyes can now focus on the tv slight_smile 2 weeks ago they were out of focus when watching Strictly Come Dancing ... ... ... watch very little tv, so maybe that had something to do with it

Usually, if I am having a bad day, if I think carefully, I can think of at least one thing which has made me happy slight_smile

Message 1895 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All sounds good for you today @Anonymous heart

What made me happy was watching Lewis Hamillton get his 93rd win today at Monza, a track which killed my favourite driver of all time (Ayrton Senna) in 1994. First time the track has been used for years.

Lewis didn't get a good start, he was second on the grid and was overtaken by Max Verstappen.

I thought 'Oh god game over'.

However, F1 is fickle and fortune favours the brave....He made some clever moves, mastered his tyres and went on to win. His team mate finished 2nd. Mercedes, with that result have won the constructors championship.

Lewis could win the Drivers championship at the next race in Turkey. Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1896 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very pleased for you @Cleoriff xx heart

Message 1897 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well not exactly happy ... but ... very grateful

These last few days I have been feeling down ... but ... today I gave myself a good talking to because I have a roof over my head, a comfy bed to sleep in, enough food to eat and a lovely cat companion etc ... ... ... in short, there are many many people worse off than me.

Message 1898 of 2,224

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well not exactly happy ... but ... very grateful

These last few days I have been feeling down ... but ... today I gave myself a good talking to because I have a roof over my head, a comfy bed to sleep in, enough food to eat and a lovely cat companion etc ... ... ... in short, there are many many people worse off than me.

If you had been here on Sunday @Anonymous , you would have seen me VERY happy. I mentioned previously that Lewis Hamilton could win his 7th drivers championship? He did just that, in terrible race conditions and drove an absolute masterclass. So now he is statistically the best F1 driver in the history of F1. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1899 of 2,224

Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard the fantastic news on Sunday's Radio Four News @Cleoriff 

and was very very pleased for you smiling

Message 1900 of 2,224