Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Caroline Flack

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The TV presenter Caroline Flack has ben found dead at her home in London.

She recently lost her job as a presenter of Love Island after charges of assaulting her boyfriend were made.

She was due to face trial in a few weeks

She was only 40. Such a tragedy.

R.I.P Caroline. Thoughts are with family and friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8007677/Caroline-Flack-dead.html 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
All those so called "shows" are demeaning, unhealthy and should be banned. Bile should be ashamed of himself
@jonsie

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Carolines boyfriend Lewis Burton has posted an emotional message stating he will be her voice and find answers. This is in relation to the fact she was fragile mentally and despite the fact he did NOT wish to press charges, the CPS did. So they went again his wishes. It's obvious that despite their fight, he still loved her very much.

Others have called it a celebrity witch hunt by the media and police.

https://news.sky.com/story/i-wasnt-allowed-to-be-there-caroline-flacks-partner-lewis-burton-breaks-s... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are lots of crimes where the CPS proceed without witness support & shed loads of them are domestic abuse cases, where there’s a ton of evidence to support it but the victim / witness doesn’t want to/is afraid.

While that doesn’t appear to be the case here, why should cases be dropped when the evidence is there to support it? What if she’d gone on to assault him or someone else further on down the line? The CPS would’ve been blamed for not doing anything. They can’t win whatever they do!
Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Of course I have no insider information re this case other than I know it was the first time it had happened. A neighbour called the police. As far as I am aware if the person assaulted does not wish to press charges then the police can't go ahead.

Look at the amount of people who the police can't charge due to people refusing to press charges or testify. Sometimes that ends in tragedy.

I'm certainly not condoning domestic violence at all. I think it's hateful but I do think the CPS have some questions to answer in this case. It appears to be a high profile'celebrity' witch hunt. Looks good for them and just look at all the media coverage it generated.

Sadly, it resulted in the suicide of a young, mentally fragile lass of 40.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sad news

I shall remember Caroline in Strictly Come Dancing, when she won the show dancing with Pasha Kovalev

I have never watched Love Island

Thinking of her family and friends

Caroline R.I.P.

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I am just watching Dancing On Ice. So many of the people on the show knew Caroline and Phil and Holly paid a very heartfelt homage to her. Using her own words. Just be kind.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
There are lots of crimes where the CPS proceed without witness support & shed loads of them are domestic abuse cases, where there’s a ton of evidence to support it but the victim / witness doesn’t want to/is afraid.

While that doesn’t appear to be the case here, why should cases be dropped when the evidence is there to support it? What if she’d gone on to assault him or someone else further on down the line? The CPS would’ve been blamed for not doing anything. They can’t win whatever they do!

Absolutely correct @Anonymous 

This woman should have been helped by her "Friends" and Partner obviously she was in dire need

of their help and advice to seek the assistance of a professional person regarding her mental health issues. These issues cannot be ignored. She wasn't a very young person so this must have been an on-going long term problem ~ her family and friends let her down.  The court would probably have helped her and advised an assessment with a professional medical person. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 17