Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Review - Galaxy S3 Mini

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
So, Samsung have accepted the S3 is really a bit big and have teamed up with BMW to develop a Mini to carry around your S3, the Mini also being a bit big. There are some useful touches such as a custom cradle, a wireless charging pad (available at some point in the future), a pack of 14 screen wipes in a dash-mounted holder (replacement packs available from BMW for a reasonable £37.50) and a nice twinkly melody when you start the car. The Mini will be available in off-white at first and a stripey blue a few weeks after that. Meanwhile, Audi is taking BMW to court in California as they claim to have thought of the idea first. Early tests of the new Mini found it sometimes stopped for no reason and a few journalists were forced to crash whilst trying out some of the new features. Most found that turning it off and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes got them back on the road. Except the ones that crashed quite badly, but they are making a speedy recovery and should be back to journalistics soon. More info is available from MobileSam or ADX.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Good job MI5.

I'm eager to see the blue design.

I hope those journalists are ok!
I do love the phone, but the size has always put me off, so I may take a closer look at the mini. In your view is the difference significant enough?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
On a serious note the S3 Mini is a rebadged S+ but running JB firmware. As always it depends on the size of your mits. Mine are quite big so the S3 is OK for me but the Mini can be held in one hand by most people comfortably enough wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Good to hear,

My hand isnt the issue as much as the size of my pockets! grin
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Does this mean the Samsung s3 mini will also only be available to estate agents.
Message 5 of 5