cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order placed online, no confirmation of order but money was taken from credit card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had an issue with placing an order for an upgrade, gone through the whole process, entered all details, card details included with Bank verification completed. Then web site from o2 goes to another page and says Cant find the page. 

Tried logging in to online o2 account, order not visible and not even recognised a change in contract, or order details. Checked with bank and they confirned that the money was taken and authorised by my credit card. Can't speak to anyone, cant email anyone, on line text service off line. 

My money has been taken with no contract engagement or verfication of purchase from them. I am now being charged interest for something i cant prove i have purchased.

Absolutely rediculous. Would be great to hear back from others with similar issue so we can take this further and investigate.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

This seems to happen far too many times ordering online. Money taken but no confirmation. All you can do is call 202 first thing in the morning.

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Probably out of stock which is one of the most common reasons. You have to ring customer services in the morning and speak to someone. They must chase up your order....Between 8-8.30am is the best time

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The whole online ordering process is a shambles with of.
You'll see many complaints if you search the forum.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Et5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

exactly same thing happened to me ordered a new phone for Christmas for my brother took money trying to track and trace to no avail

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Et5 wrote:

exactly same thing happened to me ordered a new phone for Christmas for my brother took money trying to track and trace to no avail

Then use the contact us link I posted above @Et5 and ring customer services tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

O2 seem to have the only website whereby ordering online is like buying a lottery ticket. All my shopping is done online and I've never experienced the problems people have trying to order from the O2 website. Disgraceful to be honest.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

O2 seem to have the only website whereby ordering online is like buying a lottery ticket. All my shopping is done online and I've never experienced the problems people have trying to order from the O2 website. Disgraceful to be honest.

Same as me Steve. Everything has been bought online this year...as last year. Even bought something that came from France....was here in 10 days as promised. Why is it Amazon (even marketplace sellers) can show the exact amount left in stock......and O2 can't?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Because they are quite happy taking money and then worrying about supplying goods.

Message 9 of 9