Did you mean: 

O2 now offering 5G Stand Alone.

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Wouldn't mind LTE+ myself

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-unveils-the-next-phase-of-its-mobile-network-evolut...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

Probably ten years before my little village receives 5G and I will probably be long gone before then

I do get 4G+ on EE and O2 albeit vast differences in download speeds

One reason I hardly use the O2 sim in my dual sim phone (just the endless marketing text 💩 from O2)

Message 2 of 34

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Somecquestions for @Dave-O2 

The blurb says

**Customers will need the latest software and an R15 SIM in order to access 5G Standalone, 

1. Are all 5G SIM Cards R15 compliant?

2. If not, how will customers obtain one? Will it be a simple request for a new SIM or will they specifically need to mention R15 (which is probably beyond the grasp of Customer Services)?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 34

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Enlli Think all 5G sim cards are R15 if I recall, as the standard was ratified in 2018, more interestingly, I wonder why it is restricted to Samsung Devices, as it seems like o2 are trying to create a 2 tier network, with stupidity like this...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 34

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

I believe Vodafone 5G Stand Alone also excludes iPhones.

I'm not sure how big a footprint they O2 have in Liverpool but I'm near the City Centre tomorrow so I'll check what I get

Message 5 of 34

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions
Message 6 of 34

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

It's quite interesting too how the list of fourteen cities is actually thirteen cities plus Slough ! 🤣

Message 7 of 34

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Good morning @Enlli 

Thanks for your questions 😊 

I hope the below helps ↘️

You will need to be a Pay Monthly 360 customer to enjoy the benefits of 5G standalone technology, and you'll need a few things to get started: our latest 5G SIM card, a device that's compatible with 5G standalone with latest software, and you need to be within the range of 5G standalone coverage. 

All new SIMs and replacements will be the new version so no need to mention which type of SIM you need 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 8 of 34

Enlli
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Thanks

It's the Latest 5G SIM bit that seems to suggest some O2 5G SIM cards are not compatible.

And, of course, there is no indication of where the 5G stand alone coverage is in each of the places mentioned.

Message 9 of 34

fng52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi I’m using iPhone 13 Pro Max and eSIM, would wanted to hear about rolling of 5G+ to iPhones and whether any further action required on my end???

Message 10 of 34