Did you mean: 

Nokia Communicator - good ol' days!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Remember this tycoon? This day, 16 years ago it was launched by Nokia which fascinated everyone with its cool features like fax, digital camera, smart messaging, web browsing, serial terminal, telnet and many more...

I still have one of them, somewhere, in the drawers! What’s your favourite legendary retro phone?

Nokia Communicator

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me the Nokia 3310/3330. They were just so reliable, there was no software to go wrong on them, and also the battery life compared to today's smartphones was amazing.

Would I give up my smartphone and use the 3310/3330 again.....the answer is no.
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 10

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Abs wrote:

Remember this tycoon? This day, 16 years ago it was launched by Nokia which fascinated everyone with its cool features like fax, digital camera, smart messaging, web browsing, serial terminal, telnet and many more...

I still have one of them, somewhere, in the drawers! What’s your favourite legendary retro phone?

Nokia Communicator

I've had one of them along with most of the Communicator series apart from the 9500 (The only one with a built in camera)

I'm still using a 9300i !
#siwy
Message 4 of 10

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Great to know that some of you guys have managed to keep the retro phones in perfect working condition and are using them till date. Let the legacy continue... wink

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My son took me into a second hand shop looking for computer games the other day and there were some old Nokia 3210's for sale, I was so tempted to buy one just for old times sake. They don't build 'em like they used to do they.

I do remember you were no-one unless you had a Nokia 5110 with a flashing aerial from the market.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My son took me into a second hand shop looking for computer games the other day and there were some old Nokia 3210's for sale, I was so tempted to buy one just for old times sake. They don't build 'em like they used to do they.

I do remember you were no-one unless you had a Nokia 5110 with a flashing aerial from the market.

Flashing aerials I'd forgot about them, I used to have one Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oooh, you can sit in the cool corner with me.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I remember in the good old days when I worked at O2 that Nokia supplied everyone at the call centre with a cradle to stick your phone in. Lots of neon flashing lights when you got a text message or phone call!

That was back in the days when you were allowed to have your phone switched on and on your desk. Oh the fun we had with the Nokia composing your own tones and sending them to each other! Course we had to answer calls in betweenSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oooh, you can sit in the cool corner with me.

:manlol:
Message 10 of 10