Did you mean: 

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🌸 March equinox‌ 🌸

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi everyone!

In about a couple of days the first equinox of the year will take place, which means that the Sun is exactly above the Equator circle, thus night and day have the same length at this point.

The vernal equinox also means that spring is here. At last.

(Mentioned Weller on this week's Priority Music Highlights so this was fittingly fresh on my mind wink)

Here in London I can already smell the sweet fragrance of blooming flowers whilst I walk through the streets. I can also feel the Sun much warmer when it hits the skin. 

Furthermore, for those interested in astrology, this is the point where the sun enters the sign of Aries, which is the solar sign of that who’s writing this piece. Astronomically speaking, it’s the First Point of Aries. 

With spring and it’s gradual longer days, we start to make plans to enjoy the outdoors, it’s that time of the year to plan a trip, even if that means going for a stroll in a park nearby. Soon enough we will forward our clocks as well, which will instantly make the days a little bit longer. 

All in all, throughout history, many folk celebrated this period of renovation. 

Do you have any plans for spring? A short-trip? Having a pint al fresco with your mates? Doing the garden, digging the weeds? Who could ask for more? If you fancy, please share it on the comments below.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Sounds like a good plan @RunrigForever sunflower

I love when you are able to be out without a coat, which is usually when the days are longer, so it's a win-win for me slight_smile

It sounds like you have a beautiful yard, but yes, it can mean a lot of work! 

Lovely birdy anecdote as well, thanks for sharing:)

Message 11 of 11