Did you mean: 

Guess The Film - Love Edition

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

💚Happy Love Week Everyone ❤️

And welcome to my community event - Guess The Film (Love Edition)
Love it or hate it Valentine's Day is here this week and what better way to celebrate it than with a community event, so whether you are with that someone special or still looking for the one I hope you will join in with this film quiz. 💛

As some of you may know I usually do a riddle themed event but having done that for the last year I thought it was time for a change and to do something new... So I'm now hosting a guess the film style quiz in which I will show you 8 seperate screenshots taken from different films and all you need to do is identify the film and post your answer in the comments - plus for a bonus point you'll also need to let me know what year the film was originally released. 💙

For simplicity I will release the screenshots one at a time after each one is solved and will link the films to the current O2 Community event - In this case Love Week so all the film are some sort of romantic comedy style films. 💜

Before we begin there are a few rules I want to add in order to help everyone feel included:

1. I will release one screenshot at a time and reply to answers submitted - When a correct answer is received I will release the next screenshot in the comments. (I will not be able to edit this original post to add the new screenshot due to the O2 time constraints of editing a post)
  2. Please only guess once in a row - To allow other to join in please only submit another guess or answer the new screenshot if someone other than me has posted in between your last reply.
  3. If the game is particularly slow (which can sometimes be the case) please disregard rule 2 and feel free to submit a second answer in a row, this mainly applies if no other guesses have been received for at least 20 minutes.
  4. I have tried to have put the screenshot into a scaling difficulty, however at any point if you would like a clue please let me know in the comments so I can reply with a hint - Please bear in mind I will wait at least 20 minutes after a request for a clue in case someone else answers.
  5. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this game, I believe all screenshot are guessable to the right person so for the sake of enjoyment please avoid using google or otherwise to seek out the answers.

Thanks for reading the first riddle will be released in a few moments just after 3pm today (13/02/2023).

Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point.
SCREENSHOT ONE - IMG_3671.jpg

Don't forget to follow this threads comments to see the new screenshot and to be able to play along because as mentioned they will be released one by one in the comments once the previous screenshot is solved. (This is due to the maximum edit time of my original post).

Final things to mention are that: this game is open to anyone and everyone - I will be here to help the game progress. And if for whatever reason it's still ongoing at 11:59pm tonight (13/02/2023) then I will pause play until 12:30pm on Valentine's Day (14/02/2023).

Hopefully you all enjoy my addition to the Love Week Community Event.
Good Luck! Comben 🖤

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nice one @Cleoriff you're right it's Bridget Jones's Diary. Plus you scored the bonus point to because it was first released in 2001👌

@pgn I think you would have got that one as well, so I'll score a single point for being just a bit slower than Cleoriff. 😀

SCREENSHOT FIVE: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)

21a02b1d-f873-4320-aba6-2b8cf6c60312.jpg

Edit: I'm a little more tired than expected tonight so I'm off to bed but feel free to guess this one and I'll be back around 12:30pm (midday ish) tomorrow. (14/02/2023 - Aka Valentine's Day) ❤️

Albert Einstein
Message 11 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

NOTTING HILL 1999

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Congratulation @Cleoriff you managed to get the film: Notting Hill and the year: 1999👍

SCREENSHOT SIX: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)
IMG_3669.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 31

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Valentine's Day 2010 ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Great stuff @MI5 excellent knowledge, it is indeed Valentine's Day made in 2010👏
Just two screenshots left to go and these next two are a bit tougher in my opinion.

SCREENSHOT SEVEN: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)

afca7da6-cad7-48af-bd30-e9a14d005e08.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 15 of 31

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Shot in the dark-- is this from The Notebook?

That's a very Rachel McAdams like silhouette methinks...

Message 16 of 31

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Top work @Breanna absolutely amazing to get that. 🎉 It's The Notebook and as @MI5 said it was released in 2004. So I award each of you one point. 😀

Special shout out to Bre though, for recognising that silhouette and getting a question right in the quiz despite previously claiming not to watch this type of film often. 💚

On to the last screenshot and I personally think is the hardest so good luck. (Although there is an easier picture which I can give as a clue before I go to bed tonight)

SCREENSHOT EIGHT: (Guess the 'Love' themed film this is from and include the year it was originally released for a bonus point)
IMG_3677.jpg

Albert Einstein
Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Probably way off but is that Will Smith?

Wild guess.......

Pursuit of happiness 2006

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 19 of 31

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not a stupid guess at all @MI5, surprisingly close to the right answer but not quite the right film. Also after an IMDb search I can confirm you got correct year for that particular film - but again not the right year for the film I'm looking for. 🎥

Albert Einstein
Message 20 of 31