cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Football Talk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I would start off a thread, bit of friendly banter not too heavy and an opportunity to express your ideas about your favourite team.

What are you hoping for in the January transfer market?

As a Liverpool fan I am hoping for cover for Mane and the front 3.

Message 1 of 1,010
1,009 REPLIES 1,009

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Think of the shirt and souvenir revenues too

Sponsors will be crawling out of the woodwork

Message 811 of 1,010

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I wonder how much of the team Ronaldo will be picking each week (big clue: it won't be Fred). Or he might have a big say in the youth team management as his playing days come to an end leading to the inevitable Portugal managers job. 

Transfer deadline day tomorrow so may be another surprise or two or not. Will be watching the BBC feed on the website as its hilarious. 

Message 812 of 1,010

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Dan James to Leeds apparently

A steal at £30 million (I know who the thieves are 😂)

United must be laughing

Dan James for Ronaldo...

Message 813 of 1,010

Anonymous
Not applicable

We tried to poach him from Swansea in 2019 for 1/10th of that.. football is silly money & Rodrigo at 29m was far better value.

Message 814 of 1,010

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

CR moving to Man Utd - he might not have a huge impact on pitch, but lots of the younger players can learn a lot from how he trains and keeps himself fit/match ready. Keeping up with (and surpassing) younger players is no mean feet!

The mess at Arsenal - not entirely sure what is going on, but not good. Trying to sell Granit Xahka to Roma, but then giving him an extension. Not selling Eddie Nketiah. Ainsley Maitland-Niles not being loaned to Everton, his post on Instagram and then being banned from first team training. Loaning out Saliba and the struggles at centre back. All adds up to a leadership team not really knowing what it is doing and not providing the leadership it should be!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 815 of 1,010

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I really feel for the Arsenal fans at the moment

ManU and Arsenal were the bitter rivals 10 years a go

How times have changed for both teams now

Let's see what happens today up until midnight

Message 816 of 1,010

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I really feel for the Arsenal fans at the moment

Me too rofl-emoji

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 817 of 1,010

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Erm ... thanks?

To be honest I don't think anything is going to improve until they sort out the executive level (ie, get people in who know what they are doing and not just trying to line their friend's pockets). 

While Man Utd haven't done brilliantly they are doing better than us (not hard, we are in 20th!) and at least playing football.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 818 of 1,010

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

All in good hearted nature slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 820 of 1,010