Anybody looking forward to the Hatton fight at the weekend

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm a big boxing fan but the Hatton fight is a big mistake.

Why do these fighters keep coming back for another big pay day? (pretty obvious I suppose!) They can't seem to get it out of their blood, wanting the fame and respect when really they have nothing left to contribute to the sport.

I'm more interested in our local guy on the supporting bill, Scott Quigg. Seems a good prospect.

Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so happy to find another boxing fan I am mad for it.

Scott Quigg vs Munroe. 
Quigg is the better boxer but Monroe has a huge heart a is a little bit heavier handed. Should be a good fight, shame the first got stopped due to that nasty cut.

Did you watch the Hatton docu on 5. He isn't interested in money this is all about pride and that can go either way.

Just watching the flintoff docu at the moment. 

Froch vs Kessler next year is the one I want to see.

Message 3 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

He is getting better, I just hope he gets the three fights Bute, kessler and Ward. Then calls it a day.

Have you been watching Broner. That guy, cocky as hell but geez is he good.

Message 5 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I really rate Broner and I like all the bad ass cocky guys. They bring a bit of charisma and flamboyance to the sport but he's got class as well. If you're good you can be cocky because you have the skill and guts to back it up.

Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a big boxing fan and looking forward to the munroe fight again at weekend should be a cracker again,  Hatton was a great fighter in is time and its a mistake coming back he as earnt enough money for him and is family to live happily.

Forch will go down in the history books as a great as he fought all top level opponents i stiill think he should avoid the ward fight though as ward will outclass him again.

Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quigg vs monroe just about to start

Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

What time do you think the Hatton fight will be on, as I fancy watching some of that ? Also which channel as I can't find it ?

Message 9 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions