Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bon Voyage Jonsie

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I am going to start this thread in order wish @jonsie all the very best.

Tomorrow he flies to Thailand for good. A new life for him. He has promised to stay in touch with us all.

I hope so because he is such a well respected, knowledgeable member of the forum and has been helping people on here for years. His sense of humour is unique....

I have never met him but feel I he is the greatest friend. He helped and supported me when I crept onto this forum, technophobically challenged, a few years ago. (I am still 'challenged' but hey...much better than I was) Happy Dance

Anyway... I am not writing this as any type of eulogy or epitaph. He is very much alive and kicking. I just feel it's important to wish him well in his new life.

Bon Voyage Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 101
100 REPLIES 100

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Ha...no time for posting tomorrow (said @jonsie yesterday) Here he is posting up till 2 am and then 6.30am.this morning. Smiley Surprised

This is what you said mate..

"Well I have to be at the airport at 5pm and will be leaving here at 3.30 to miss the horrendous traffic on the motorway. before then I have to clean the house, pack my suitcase throw the rest of my stuff in the skip. Think I may be a little busy....Confused"

So get off and start clearing stuff out...take it to the skip...(and then send it down here) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 101

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

start clearing stuff out...take it to the skip...(and then send it down here) Bouncy

Sounds like the lyrics from a James Brown soul song !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 52 of 101

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

True. I expect Papa's got a new bag by now.....or an old bag filled ready to go..??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 101

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

ok I've sat down for a breather....

After finding the suitcase was 4kg over and the hand luggage the same it meant unpacking and throwing stuff away that I just know I'll need....

Still have to run the hoover round and check if the Nationwide travel insurance covers me for outside Europe, have a shower and then say goodbye to the neighbours.3 hours mnn...

Message 54 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

thinking of you @jonsie heart pleased you've just posted to let us know how things are Hug

Message 55 of 101

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

ok I've sat down for a breather....

After finding the suitcase was 4kg over and the hand luggage the same it meant unpacking and throwing stuff away that I just know I'll need....

Still have to run the hoover round and check if the Nationwide travel insurance covers me for outside Europe, have a shower and then say goodbye to the neighbours.3 hours mnn...

Good god...don't go....we may need you...Horrified

Joking....This always happens when I go to Spain...and I only go for 2/52. Must be awful doing it for good @jonsie Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 101

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 57 of 101

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Totally stressed Jane. I've never been so unprepared for a trip. slight_frown

I'm so sorry about this Steve slight_frown I wish there was something I could do, you know we're all thinking of you & wishing you well, you'll get through it & be there on time for the flight I'm sure heart

Message 58 of 101

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

No they are very strict now that the army rule the country. The maximum visa length is 12 months but even then you have to cross a neighbouring border every 3 months to get your passport stamped on your return for another 3 months. Very messy.

As I'm married to a Thai lady I believe I can get the visa renewed there every year rather than coming back to the UK though the rules change at any given time dependent on whether the General is having marital bliss or whether any foreign visitors upset his wife.

There are other ways of getting a visa through the local crime lords but it costs you around 18,000 THB (360 GBP) which is cheaper than a 600 GBP return air ticket and the cost for a visa in the UK (currently 135.00 GBP). That's not counting general living costs whilst back here.....Confused

That sounds a bit like a friend has to do in Tanzania atm, she has to go to another country for a trip, before she can stay there again.

Thought you would have more benefits after a marriage. (The General having marital bliss LOL that made my day LOL)

If you buy it from a crime lord, it's illegal, right? Couldn't the military throw you out if they find out?

All in all it sounds like a real adventure grin But a good one slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 59 of 101

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It does sound a bit of a mish mash @ComaChameleon though currently @jonsie is 5 hrs into his long long flight...on his way there. Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 101