Did you mean: 

☀️🌴 Summer on the O2 community: Gardening 🌴☀️

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Summer on the community.png

GARDENING  

The best part of summer for me is my garden.

I can't travel abroad now, so I put a lot of effort in making my garden as nice as possible during the summer months.

Not a big garden , although luckily, it's at the end of a cul de sac, so the builders gave us more than usual space.

We have lived here since 1969 (I know!) and had a garden makeover in the 90's.

The lawn is oval and pretty much destroyed by the cats! Round the lawn I have a variety of bushes, shrubs and trees. Winter, spring and summer flowering.

We also have a water feature at the side of the garden. We planted a cordyline in the middle of it. It was 2 ft tall when we planted it…and as you see now, it's over 10 ft tall.

Garden 8.jpg

(I know the ivy needs a trim back...yet to find time to do that!

I made a decision early on that we would have a container garden on the patio area. I went rather OTT. I have a total of 24 pots. rofl

3 at the front of the house, and the rest in the back garden..

Summer bedding was a problem this year due to garden centres being closed during the Covid19 crisis.

Luckily I found a guy online who had his own plant nursery and I chose what I wanted, they were delivered at the end of May. 

My son helped me plant them up

A few pictures here (Excuse the quality...I just point and shoot)

Looking from the conservatory to the right

Garden 1.jpg

Garden 3.jpg

At the back of this part is the bush that Ray razed to the ground when I asked him to trim back

Garden 4.jpg

Garden 9.jpg

These are the pots at the front of the house

Garden 5.jpg

So that's a snapshot of my garden folks. Container gardens need a lot of watering, feeding and  'deadheading'

I do have rose bushes but that meant doing a 360 degree image and I had no time for it. 

So the garden has a water feature, seating areas, plenty of beautiful plants. When the sommer bedding dies off, each of those pots have winter bulbs. Snowdrops, tulips, daffodils etc etc. I usually buy some winter pansies and polyanthus

Each pot has a solar light in it and is lit up at night (Terrible photo...but there you go) rofl

garden night 2018.jpg

So this is my peaceful place. heart

Thanks for reading.

Does anyone else on the forum have a garden they love?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting the photo above @Cleoriff 

It's all very lush and growing well.

Message 21 of 25

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Love the garden photos, really lovely night time glow, thank you for sharing your garden with us @Cleoriff
I love all my garden, it is very hard work though. Rainfall is light during spring/summer. I like pots too they add spot colour here and there, yours everywhere! Lovely.
Yes that one time overly cut bush looks like it may need a light trim now cool but I never mind large bushes birds love to hide in them and sometimes nest there too.  See you feed the birds ~ such a joy to watch them.
I really like lawns they are a setting for border plants.
When you have time to sit in the garden, it is so calming.
Enjoyed your Summer garden Cleo ❤

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 22 of 25

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hey @jonsie 

That is a very professional looking tub!

Really lovelysmiling

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 23 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

A lot of leftover seeds my daughter-in-law planted for me 2 years ago @TallTrees so unfortunately I can only take credit for weeding and watering cool

Message 24 of 25

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Cordyline grow ~ hecky thump about 30ft and I can tell you they are tough really tough to cut down

@Cleoriff  and  @Marjo 

so you can ask the bush-man to cut it down any time! 

I like them very much cut one down ~ this is an off shoot.

Photo~ it is called the Pineapple because it's yellow and green

20200806_144008.jpg

You can cut them down without taking out root and they grow again (usually!nerd)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 25 of 25