Did you mean: 

Priority Music Highlights - 5th April Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hello everyone!

Time to check out some the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 🔊

We shall kick-off this week's highlight with Saint Etienne, and no, we're not talking about the Association Sportive de Saint-Étienne Loire albeit rumour has it that the band nicked their name from that magnifique football club. The trio came to fame with a cover of one of my favourite artists, Neil Young, and have been releasing great music since then. Their last album, I've Been Trying To Tell You (which features an excellent front cover) is fantastic, I've been listening to it a lot lately. One of it's singles is featured below, due to many reasons: it's a great tune, it's a great video and contains a sample of a song of an artist that has already been highlighted in one of the previous Priority Music posts, Natalie Imbruglia:

By the way, if you want to check the samples used on the track, there's a superb website for sample-checking that I've been using for a long time.

They've also curated an influences playlist for Apple Music. I really recommend it as these guys dig deep, they've made many compilations that are truly great.
Tickets for their gig at the O2 Ritz in Manchester are going to be available tomorrow from 10 am.

Next we have Alexis Ffrench. The classical pianist who not only digs, but also does pop and soul collaborations, not to mention composing several film scores, is going to play in London in October, at the great venue that the Barbican is.  

He always cites a mix of genres and artists that have and still influence him and you can check some of those on his Apple Music Outstanding playlist. 
Tickets for his aforementioned gig are going to be available tomorrow 10 am.

Finally we have The Primitives who came to fame with the 1988 track featured below. After disbanding in 1992, they've reformed in 2009 so that you can enjoy their indie pop tunes live.

Their Apple Music artist page features a lot of content: essential albums, singles, EPs, music videos and compilations for you to be prepared to sing every single tune at the show. 
Tickets pre-sale for their Leicester gig ends tomorrow 10am.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0