3. Account section
  4. Getting help
  5. Explore
  6. Settings

1. OVERVIEW

Check out this video for a quick overview of the app:

More info

There are 2 versions of MyO2:

1. The recently revised browser-based MyO2 Section, shown here (Chrome browser on a Win10 laptop):

My O2 web version, top of the pageMy O2 web version, top of the pageMy O2 web version, bottom of the pageMy O2 web version, bottom of the page

2. The MyO2 app (Android shown), overview below:

My O2 app version, top of screenMy O2 app version, top of screen My O2 app version, bottom of screenMy O2 app version, bottom of screen

This guide is going to focus predominantly on the MyO2 App.

WHAT IS MyO2?

MyO2 is your at-a-glance status of your account, and is where certain parts of your O2 service can be tailored (eg, adding or removing Bolt-Ons).

WHERE TO ACCESS IT?

On mobile, you can download the My O2 app for Android in the Google Play Store, and for iOS in the App Store.

To access the web version of the app, go to My O2

When you register the MyO2 app, you'll be prompted for your mobile number and website login details, and will be given the opportunity to enter a 4-digit PIN - this PIN is all you need to access the content within the app once it is set-up on your phone.

At the very bottom of the app, you see several icons, as shown below:

Screenshot_20190923-213954__01.jpg

More on that later!

2. INFO FOR FIRST-TIME USERS

Check out this video for info on first-time setup of the app:

More info

REGISTRATION

Use your mobile number and the e-mail address you used to register for access to the O2 website.

Note that every new Pay Monthly customer now has a My O2 account pre-set, so all you need is your mobile number and to set up your login details (email and password).

HOW TO LOG IN

To log in, launch the app on your phone and click the Log in button. Add your login details (email address, password) to the specified fields and press Continue.

Set PIN codeSet PIN code FingerprintFingerprint

As mentioned above, you will then get asked to set a 4-digit PIN code for secure access. Once you input the code you want, the app will also ask you to set up fingerprint recognition for added security, or facial recognition, if your phone supports those.

Once that's set up, you're in! Future logins will be super quick.

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD

If you've forgotten your login details, don't worry, you can set up new credentials by clicking on the "Forgotten log in details?" link on the login page, underneath the email and password fields.

You can then reset your password using either your mobile number (you'll get a text message) or email address associated with your O2 account (you'll get an email where you need to click to reset password).

DIFFERENT ACCOUNT TYPES

If you're on Pay as you Go instead of Pay Monthly, your My O2 experience is slightly different. You can check your balance and allowances from the Account tab. You can add PAYG bolt-ons if you're running low on any of your allowances. If you're running low on credit, you can top up using the app. You can also change your tariff via the app. Some of the Pay Monthly -specific features won't be available if you're on PAYG.

If you're a Business customer, you have a different portal for managing your account: My O2 Business. This guide concentrates on the personal (consumer) version of My O2, but you can find more info on My O2 Business here.

3. ACCOUNT SECTION

Check out a video introducing the account section:

More info

In the Account section you can find:

• A snapshot of your allowances (how much data left, minutes, texts) and when the renewal date is
  • View your bolt-ons
  • When is your bill arriving and the amount of possible extra charges added to next bill (click on it for details on the charges)
  • Amount of the latest bill and a link to view your bills
  • Info on whether or not you are currently eligible for upgrading and to view upgrade options
  • And at the bottom you can manage your account (more info below)

My O2 app version, top of screenMy O2 app version, top of screenMy O2 app version, bottom of screenMy O2 app version, bottom of screen

MANAGE ACCOUNT SECTION

Your tariff:

• View or change your tariff: your tariff details, info on standard rates, list of available tariffs you can change to
  • View your bolt-ons: list of your current active bolt-ons (click on them to see details) and a list of available bolt-ons you can add if you need extra mins, SMS or data.
  • Current Priority offers
  • Upgrade options: If you're eligible for an upgrade, you can view here the available deals (SIM only or phones and tablets)

Your device:

• Device connection: check Wifi and 4G calling compatibility and add it to your account
  • Unlock your device: information on how to do this
  • Device help and support: this links to the device help pages for tutorials for different devices and their features
  • Keep your mobile number: the form to fill for you to keep your mobile number when you're transferring from another network to O2
  • Swap your SIM: a tool to swap any size plastic SIM and the eSIM

Connection:

• Wifi hotspot tracker: this links to the O2 Wifi hotspot tracker map where you can search by location
  • Wifi and 4G calling: here you can add these to your account
  • O2 Wifi: a list of all your O2 Wifi accounts, when they were created, and links to edit or delete them.

Other services:

• Manage cards for payment: you can save your payment card for future payments
  • Network status checker: this links to the My Network service where you can sign up for real-time network updates. You can register your favourite locations and keep tabs on one-off issues.
  • More from O2: experiences that O2 offers, tech support, perks
  • Track my order: see your current and previous orders and their status, and information on how to track your order
  • Manage my details: here you can change your contact mobile number, sign-in details (username, password, security question), billing address, contact preferences

Need to link other products to your My O2?

On the 'Account' tab, scroll down and click on 'View all'.

Click on 'Manage my details' - you'll have to enter a code sent to you via SMS for added security at this point.

After that, go to the link at the top of the page for 'My O2 products and services'.

Scroll down and there is an option to 'Bring in products'. There you'll need your other My O2 account login details in order to bring in your other product(s).

Screenshots:

More info
Bring in other productsBring in other products
Bring in other productsBring in other products

4. GETTING HELP WITHIN MY O2

Check out a video summarising how to get help within the app:

More info

myo2_help.jpeg

AURA

Aura is O2's Virtual Assistant that can help you with information and tips for managing your account 24/7. You can talk to Aura with voice, or in writing.

You can pick your communication method with Aura at the bottom of the screen on the Aura tab:

• Question mark: tap here for information on what Aura can help you with, including billing, services and data usage.
  • Microphone: use speech recognition (if you're using this for the first time, you'll have to give My O2 permission to access the speech recognition functionality and the microphone on your phone)
  • Keyboard: here you can type your question to Aura using your phone's keyboard

Aura tab, communication buttonsAura tab, communication buttons

Aura can help you with things like managing your account, checking your allowances, bill details, or explanation on extra charges, amongst other queries. If Aura cannot answer your query, it can put you through to a customer service agent through messaging.

Note: Aura is constantly being developed to improve what kinds of things she can help with in the future. If you'd like to help O2 develop Aura for the future, there's an on-going trial going on here on the community! More info here.

CONVERSATIONS

This is a messaging function where you can talk to O2 customer service agents using asynchronous messaging, think of something like WhatsApp or a Messenger app, within My O2. You can find your chat history here.

If you need help with anything, tap the headphones icon in the upper-right corner to start a chat with an advisor.

My O2 App, starting a conversationMy O2 App, starting a conversation

COMMUNITY 

Additionally, if you switch to the Settings tab, there are links to the Community where you can get help with general queries from fellow O2 customers and friends on the forum)

5. EXPLORE SECTION

Check out a video of what the Explore section contains:

More info

This section of My O2 displays discounts, what's on offer, highlighted deals, how to refer a friend, and other deals. Below you can find quick info on the main sections you can find in the app.

HIGHLIGHTED DEALS

Current deals on O2 products and services

DEALS FOR YOU

Specific deals that O2 thinks you might benefit from

PRIORITY PICKS

Here you will find some highlighted Priority offers. If you have the Priority app on your phone, clicking on an offer will open the Priority app directly to that offer page.

AIRTIME REWARDS

This links to the Airtime Rewards website. In short, Airtime Rewards is an app you can download and register with your O2 mobile number. When you shop with certain retailers (they have partnered with over 80 retailers across the UK), you can receive discounts to your mobile bill.

The app is free and all you need to do is link your payment card with the app, use the linked card at the store or online, and it will earn you rewards in the app that you can then redeem towards your bill.

6. SETTINGS

Check out this video summarising the Settings section of the app:

More info

MY INFORMATION

Profile image

You can change your profile image from the Settings page by clicking on the empty profile image slot at the top. It will ask you to either open your phone's camera to take a new photo, or to choose from your gallery.

Personal details

Whenever you wish to view/change your personal details, you will first get sent a 6-digit security code by text to confirm it's you. Insert that and press Continue, and you'll get to the page where you can change your contact preferences for O2 Producs and Services, Priority and other perks, offers from O2 on behalf of partner brands. You can also select what's the best way to contact you (text, post, phone or email).

You can also tick from a list of interests and if something is on that O2 thinks you'll like, they will let you know in the categories of: music, sport, everything else. Lastly, you can let O2 know if your device is for personal use, or for work (or both).

Payment & billing details

You can find your billing information here: which phone number your bill is linked to, payment details (if you currently pay by direct debit, your bank account holder name, account number and sort code can be viewed here. You can also change your payment details (bank account number and sort code - if you want to change the account holder's name, you have to contact customer service).

CONFIGURATION

Security & Privacy

Here you can change:

• Your PIN and biometric lock, for example, if you want to turn on/off the TouchID to login to the My O2 app.
  • Change your security question
  • Check session information on your account
  • View terms and conditions
  • Delete your account
  • Get next steps in case you've forgotten your sign-in information.

Billing

For more info about billing in My O2 check out this video 

HELP

Link to the O2 Community for general questions with the community members.

From the bottom of the Settings section you can also log out of the app if you need to, and see your app version number. 

Get help in My O2 here 

32 Comments
MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143183 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

WOW!

Excellent work @pgn thumbsup

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions
What a brilliant guide @pgn. So much content and a lot to take in but I will be re-reading it again. Well done you!! PS I can't add emoticons or anything else because as soon as it's moved to the blog/ review section, I just have an empty reply box with none of the usual top icons. Fortunately I can kudo your post, which is very well deserved. I hope this goes into the Index of Community Guides.
gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Bit of an epic that one! Well done for writing that lot - bet it took a while!
jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
Top class guide and so much work gone into it. Very well done @pgn 😊👍🏾
Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for this great guide @pgn, I know you've been very busy so it's lovely to have this posted live! Much appreciated! It will be super helpful to a lot of people. slight_smile

Thanks! Fantastic

@Cleoriff I'll drop you a PM when I get a moment! We have some steps from the forum platform guys that you can try related to the "empty box" issue!

gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
I have the same on the laptop I am using currently @Marjo - box for text, three options two lines above (rich text, html or preview) and nothing else... Will try my phone in a minute.
gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Mobile hasn't got the menu but full view does on my phone @Marjo .

Rather odd still and not useful if using a laptop/pc!

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions
Certainly isn't @gmarkj, it wont even mention names correctly...I just have to hope when posted the mentions show up. I can't edit a post either, nor can I kudo anyone else other than the op.
Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions
PS...sorry about taking this off topic. It isn't the place to talk about it. So back to the great guide. Again, well done, must have taken hours of work @pgn.
BobM
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 4277 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn  Quite a guide that one, well done.  thumbsup

Tremendous amount of work gone in to it too.

It'll be very useful to all.

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @pgn
Whose been a buzzy little bee then😁

Immense, gigantic, epic and BRILLIANT 👍
Well done best wishes TallTrees
pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions
Thank you EVERYONE for the messages of appreciation. It truly is a tome, enhanced by the O2-provided movielets, and much encouragement from @Marjo (Thank you).

Doubtless I shall read it again on Sunday after lunch and find at least two ways to change or tweak it... 😳

But if it gets the idea across, its job is done!

I wonder if it'll be as popular as the "Help, I've forgotten my mobile number!" one...? 😁
blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6878 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Very good guide @pgn will be very usefull slight_smile
TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Great guide especially for newbies.
@pgn
Well laid out. Thanks
Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant guide, @pgn Easy to understand and use
Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Absolutely cracking guide @pgn! Really appreciate you pulling this together. cool

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Screenshot_20200502-093956__01.jpgThe text in parenthesis, highlighted in red box above, (in Guide: How-to guide for My O2) needs to be removed from this Guide, as it is clear that removing bolt-ons using the app is not possible, as ref'd below in the Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support by @gmarkj, @Marjo, please?

Thanks! 

Screenshot_20200502-091501.jpg

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Good call @pgn thumbsup

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to see @pgn 

I hope customers make use of this helpful addition to guide

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Current loss of YouTube posting functionality reported in Community forum Bugs topic (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Forum-development-amp-bugs-updates/td-p/12398...) is also stopping playback of existing video links elsewhere on the Forum:

Screenshot_20200516-144554.jpg

Note the [video] tag, sans video content in screenshot above... 

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Tagging @LukasB@Marjo and @Martin-O2

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Good call. Very annoying @pgn 

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions
jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

so it is smiling

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Yip, all good again, thank you @Cleoriff  - and thanks whoever fixed it! You're a star! Fantastic

SG3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone figured out how to remove bolt ons?

Plenty menus to purchase more but nothing to remove existing

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

You need to contact customer services @SG3 

Give O2 a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

As @Cleoriff  says, some things are not self-service, as this excerpt from the once standard reference used during the COVID lockdown years shows, @SG3:

Some things that you CAN do in yourself:

• Change your bank details (sort code/account number)
  • Request an unlock for the device shown on your account
  • Change your tariff (which changes at your next bill date)
  • Buy/add bolt ons
  • Swap your sim
  • View your spend cap
  • Change your contact details:
    • phone number
    • username and password
    • security question
    • billing address
    • Pay your bill (if you don't have a direct debit)
  • Contact preferences (what o2 contact you about - marketing, promotions, etc)

Now the bad - things that you cannot do without contacting O2 on 202 or via Social Media:

• Change your direct debit date
  • Change a spend cap
  • Change the name on your account
  • Remove bolt ons
  • Swap a number from one contract to another (if you took out a new deal, rather than upgraded)
  • Move from pay monthly to pay as you go
  • Request your phone number to be changed (if you are receiving harrassment or abuse for example)
  • Arrange a payment scheme for your bill (either due to loss of work or your bill being larger than usual)
  • Add or remove O2 Phone Insurance cover
  • Call conferencing/merging if more than 3 people involved

Trapped_fly
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As someone new to O2-UK (and ‘trapped’ from Virgin Mobile) I want to make best use of MyO2.

I have been most impressed with your helpful guide’s ‘Contents’ links at the top and the use of screenshots. 

The ‘updates’ in the many comments that follow (though less ‘searchable’)

also provide an insight to the ‘new O2-UK user’

There is one thing I could do to check my detailed data usage in detail as a VM user …

IMG_0068.jpeg

… that does not seem possible (either using a browser access to my account or the MyO2 app) with my apple devices …

IMG_0072.png

In conclusion I can only repeat the earlier comment from @Mi-Amigo

I hope customers make use of this helpful addition to guide”

gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

You should still be able to see that in a browser @Trapped_fly 

You might need to set it to desktop view instead.

On my laptop I can see the detailed usage - who I called, when and how long for; then messages sent and finally data used.

pgn
  • 35052 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Screenshot 2023-07-19 174841.png

As @gmarkj said, without going to Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? but in Desktop view you can get this on O2 too, @Trapped_fly.

Trapped_fly
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I may have a problem due to my being ‘mid-migration’ and the detailed data is unavailable because of that. As that is not relevant here I will private message you @pgn .