cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Else Had problems With UK Mail Delivery??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive ordered a pay monthly contract phone at the weekend i knew i was at the hospital on monday so chose Tues as delivery day, received a text monday from UK Mail saying it would be delivered between 1-3pm great i thought, tues morning 10.30 i get a text saying "Your O2 order has experienced a possible delay please contact blah blah blah". So i rang them after waiting 0ver 5 mins someone finally answered to say "sorry it went to the wrong depot it will be with you tomorrow", because of pass dealing's with these so called delivery companies i rang again this morning to double check after a lot of umming and ahhing he said "yes its in nottingham you will get it today" im not holding my breath as the site shows it was supposed to be delivered before 12!.

Uk, Yodel, HDN all seem as bad as each other! not one can be relied upon.....would'nt mind but im being charge for this contract by O2 but not even had the goods yet!......ok rant over Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 324
323 REPLIES 323

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered an ipad on the 11th January via livechat, was advised unable to get this sent to a different address from billing. I said fine and got them to send to my house.

I managed to see I could get same day delivery between 6 and 10pm. Thought that was cool so I picked this.

Now I have a strange address where the flat is on the Left side but the council and Royal Mail call my flat the Right not Left. The flat on the Right doesn't actually existed - boarded up as this is owned by a business. Deliveries have never been an issue before so assumed this would be fine.

7pm ish comes around I hear delivery driver slamming on a door that doesn't exist opposite my flat. So I open the door, smile and laugh and say that the parcel is for me and this happens a lot. Most couriers get the idea after I explain and will hand over the parcel I ordered.

The UKMail driver extremely rude told me he couldn't give me the parcel because of the address. I was going to show him multiple mails with my name on it proving this was my parcel. His reply = "I know my left and right, the parcel says right you are left" then he stormed off with my parcel.

Phoned O2 immediately after got to the deliveries team, after 20 minutes on the phone, they said they had contacted UKMail and asked them to deliver the parcel to the physical Left flat rather than what the address said.

I contact social media team to update them.

Friday comes around sitting around 7pm again and decided to query UKMail to see if it was being sent out. They had said they hadn't received anything from o2 so wouldn't be sent out.

Phoned o2 again, got back to deliveries, this time 35+ minutes on the phone and she confirmed she'd spoke to UKMail again they had the updated address and this would
be delivered on Monday between same times.

More updates to social media team.

Today comes around - I get home slightly early decide to phone UKMail again and ask when the delivery would happen. Again they say no response from o2 to amend the address.

Phone o2 yet again, guy says that UKMail wouldn't deliver after 6pm, I told him that I'd paid for same day 6-10pm and was told 2x from o2 that they would be delivering at the same time. He said he'd take the updated address again and would call UKMail then call me back I end the call here and await call back.

He phones me to then say that UKMail are closed now and he is unable to speak to him. Confused I say that his colleagues have managed to phone UKMail twice last week after 7pm and they have advised its a 24 hour service. He said because he didn't have my parcel number. I had not received from either UKMail nor o2 when I ordered, but managed to find myself via ukmail website by putting my own o2 reference number in. He thanked me for this and then said would contact them back with this.

1.5 hours later still no response. O2 have a cool £135 of my cash and I'm no closer to receiving my parcel.

More updates to social media team.

Very close to cancelling my upgrade and my account.

Message 311 of 324

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousWhat an absolute shambles. I would certainly put in a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  Use Resolver in the link given....

I can see exactly why you would want to cancel your contract though....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 312 of 324

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a right jobsworth but you can maybe have a little sympathy for the guy if he's knowingly handing over an expensive phone to someone who's not on his paperwork.
If it was me, I'd be inclined to take a picture of the guy I delivered it too, just in case it came back to bite me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 313 of 324

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Thanks will do now.

@MI5 I'd have had some sympathy if he wasn't so rude to me. He literally wouldn't even let me explain the situation before walking off. 

Message 314 of 324

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, I understand that mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 315 of 324

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be honest I'm not a complainer as I work in IT Support so I know that stuff can happen, but its taken a good few hours of my time and I'd have expected one call should have been enough for such a simple request - an address amendment.

If I knew how much of a pain this would have been I would have just gone to the shop to upgrade.

Message 316 of 324

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If I knew how much of a pain this would have been I would have just gone to the shop to upgrade.

It's what we always advise wink

Currently using:
Message 317 of 324

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a pity that so many people have to resort to going instore due to the following....

O2 have no phones in stock ....even when they advertise them....

Or they put them in the hands of a pathetic courier service..

Just make the complaint and I hope you get sorted out quickly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 318 of 324

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a pity that so many people have to resort to going instore due to the following....

O2 have no phones in stock ....even when they advertise them....

Or they put them in the hands of a pathetic courier service..

Just make the complaint and I hope you get sorted out quickly...

My complaint is in via resolver. Still didn't get a call back from the guy I spoke to tonight so thats a bit disappointing. Also the twitter team havent replied - though I did kind of spam them with updates. But they asked me to update them today.

Message 319 of 324

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I used Resolver to complain about a non delivery by Hermes. I was getting jerked around by Hermes so hit them with Resolver and I had my insurance claim paid the next day.

Currently using:
Message 320 of 324