Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angry With Being A Long Time Loyal Customer IGNORED By O2

AngelArtists
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The list is too numerous so let me start by just bringing up several.

1. Because of CV19 I lost my job. I had to claim. I informed O2 straight away about my situation & explained the payment dates would be a week or two later than my usual so could I change it to the the new date of payments. "No problem" they said. But how wrong was I. Sure it wasn't a problem for O2, but oh boy, was it a problem for me!

Let me start by saying this HUGELY RICH company with a gross yearly turnover that would make even King Soloman blush, told me that I would first need to pay ONE MONTHS TARIFF THAT I PAY FIRST!!!! WHAT? I have to pay a one of month's full payment to enable them to type in a new date onto their payments system?

What computer are they using? The psychotic computer 'HAL' in 2001?? Will it murder them dead if they try to go against its NWO? I explained I was a loyal customer. Well, that meant sweet FA to O2 rage

That's just number 1!

2. There was a FREE set of Sony over the head headphones worth £200+ that were offered if you bought a Sony Xperia 1 II 5G. I bought the phone in August 2020 (I LOVE Sony anyway), from their flagship store in the West End of London. Did I get my headphones? DID I Frog! I got nothing. Ziltch. Nada. FA.

I did ask and they just ignored me. NICE.

SO O2, WHERE ARE MY SONY OVER THE HEAD HEADPHONES? I AM STILL WAITING rage

That's just number 2!

3. I have been loyal to O2 & brought many of my friends & others to their company. 'Bring your friends & family to us & you'll be rewarded!'. Well perhaps, but NOT if you're a years long customer like me. Not even a FREE change of payment date! NOOOOO, you get NOTHING! But THIS isn't the main point here.

The point to this is that despite being with O2 since day one & being very loyal to them, & bringing many customers to them, when I tried to get a deal on my Xperia 1 II payments etc explaining all of this. I was told "Sure, let's see what we can do". I waited....I waited....& I waited. But I shouldn't have bothered, I got NOTHING. Just the usual standard deal offered to new customers. That was all they could do. To say I was p***ed off was an understatement. Loyalty means NOTHING to O2.....NOTHING rage

4. Following on from the above point, I have seen (even recently over the last month), my friends & even my partner coming over to O2 AND adding to insult, they were ALL given good deals, even getting £100 pounds off their phone fee AND other benefits. *** rage

CONCLUSION

To say that I'm angry, no I'm FUMING is again, an understatement. This company, who I have been nothing but loyal & faithful to since day one of O2 really (as I said), not to mention how many people I have brought to them over the years, yet to them I am nothing but a name on a bill & a monthly payment. I am absolutely disgusted with O2, & I am honestly DESPERATE to go to another network as I have seen the other mobile phone networks honour their loyal customers, especially those like me who have been with them for well over 10 years+.

But O2? Forget it. I've found over the years being with them that getting something out of O2 that DOESN'T benefit THEM, well, you've got more chance raising the dead, & quite frankly, I've had enough of me giving & them just taking. 

O2 is a billions of pounds company (not that that is public knowledge), & they CAN afford to honour loyal customers like me, but they choose NOT to. I would like to add that my profession is in News Media where I have worked for ITN, ITV, BBC & related media, & they all know how upset & disappointed I am with O2.

I WAS sent certain 'photographs' of the O2 CEO by a Private Eye I hired that I could blackmail O2 with, but being honest, he'd probably say that it could be anyone's a*se in those images rofl

But in all seriousness, O2...I am so peed off with you & your attitude towards loyalty, giving us NOTHING whilst new customers get discounts & freebies (& I don't mean the crappy 2 minutes worth of free Disney or Amazon etc, when you can go direct to the source & get them yourself).

No, I'm talking about things like: 

THE FREE SONY OVER THE HEAD HEADPHONES I WAS PROMISED WHICH I DIDN'T GET FROM YOUR FLAGSHIP STORE WHEN I FOUND OUT I SHOULD HAVE?

A CHANGE OF PAYMENT DATE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY MY REGULAR ONE MONTH EXTRA PAYMENT FOR THE PRIVILAGE.

A DECENT TARIFF PACKAGE DEAL I SHOULD HAVE GOT FOR MY NEW XPERIA 1 II 5G BACK IN AUGUST 2020 THAT REPRESENTS THE YEARS & LOYALTY I HAVE SHOWN TO THIS COMPANY.

You CAN offord to do these things O2, like the other networks do, but you choose NOT to. DESPITE everyone in the known world more or less having a mobile phone & you guys making BILLIONS. And PLEASE don't tell me how you DO these things as I am PROOF that you DON'T.

So....unless O2 actually start to give a damn towards people like me (& I know that lots of others feel the same), I'm looking to move networks. I've had enough and my media friends know this too, not to mention all my social media groups, this is still being debated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@AngelArtists 

There is no loyalty anymore across any of the Networks, they now give everyone (99%) of the time.

Voda, BT (EE) and Three don't care about loyal customers either trust me.

The headphones where only if purchased online or phone as per the T&C's
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sony-xperiatm-1-ii-offer

My advice pay off your contract and just leave o2, and good luck on another network.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@AngelArtists This is not O2. This is a customer community, and no one of any significance from O2 will see your complaints. If you want to lodge a formal complaint see this: How to Complain | Help | O2 We have been given to understand that the Resolver link within the link above has produced good results for some.

Edit: I'll make it even easier for you: Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

To be honest, no customer service is perfect. One I have used screwed up a lot of stuff and it took 4 attempts and a threat of an ofcom complaint to get things fixed. Next opportunity I get I will be leaving them behind.

So anyway tech support and front line  customer support can be hit or miss. I never really had much issues with o2 to be honest. ANOVO who deal with repairs I have.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 4