Did you mean: 

Strange App

0ggxb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I hope you can help!

I have an IPhone 12 Pro Max which is in complete working order, however I have come across a strange app today whilst using my device.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the cos clothing app from the App Store, everything was fine and it seemed like a legit app.

However today when scrolling the regular cos interface of the app had disappeared and had been replaced by what looked like an android website which was written in what looked like Chinese.

When I saw this I immediately deleted the app from the device however I am now very worried it could have downloaded some form of malware or spyware to my device.

Is there anything else I need to do besides deleting the app in order to stay protected from threats.

My phone is up to date with the latest software and I run a paid antivirus app in case of situations like these to put my mind at rest.

Any clarity on this situation would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm not an Apple user but the Apple Store should be safe to download from.

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@0ggxb 

As long as you have deleted the app and blocked any number associated with it, you should be fine.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@0ggxb 

The app hasn't been updated since 2015 and there's no privacy policy attached to it.

This is rather strange for Apple, so personally, I wouldn't trust it, however, your paid for anti virus software should identify it if there's anything suspicious.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4