Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh 2017 anniversary date.

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didnt want to be at the end of a queue for an iPhone 7plus on 25th September when my 1 year anniversary was up, so I paid off my phone and placed and order through refresh last Friday. The annual replacement was basically a wastew of time for me.

I paid a deposit for my 7Plus as well as the remaining balance of my old phone.

When will my anniversary be for next years iphone ? Do you think it will be 9th Sept, or a year from when I get the actual phone ?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beenherebefore

I appreciate what you're saying dude, but as stated, in my instance the 12 months would be a year after I received my device. I didn't sign any contract on the 25/09/2015, so there seems to be some inconsistency.

So when did you sign the contract or return the contract/T&C email back to O2 ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only documents I can see are the "Legal" documents on 12/09/2015 when I pre-ordered the 6s Plus.
Message 12 of 16

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Its when you receive the phone.... 

Message 13 of 16

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats going to be rubbish for a lot of people this year, any only going to get worse each year as dates move further and further away from iphone launches. 

Although there's some careful wording in the marketing it seemed the general idea was you could get a new iphone each yeart when the new model came out. 

Either there needs to be some changes (like reserving phones on launch day ready for these customers anniversay) or this seems a completely pointless offer

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract starts from the day you receive your phone.

The contract between you and o2 is formed at point of acceptance, which is when the device is signed for.
Message 15 of 16

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pretty much renders the annual replacement deal useless for exactly the sort of people who are likely to want to take advantage of it.

We're just going to sell this years phone and settle early to get an order in at launch time for each iphone. 

If O2 cant make their scheme operate in line with that there is little point for a lot of us, especially when the phone is usually worth more than the settlement figure anyway..

Message 16 of 16