cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal in my home for a HTC windows X8 Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgraded to a windows X8 Phone with my pay monthly contract. However, I cant seem to get a signal when I am at home. I have had the phone 5 days now, and it's still the same.

If I am out the house the signal is fine, the signal with my old Samsung galaxy 1 was fine and my fiance is also on O2 with a Samsung galaxy S3 and her signal in the house is fine.

Is it possible something like the wi-fi could be blocking the signal?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I was wondering in case your phone wasn't picking up low signals very well. Only way to check if it's a phone or sim issue is to try another phone with same sim in the same location, or just request a new sim anyway and give it a try.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried it on 2g only?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried 2G it still doesn't give me a signal. Even when i do a signal search for either 2G or 3G it shows me no networks

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you try your sim in another phone and see if you get a better signal?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatly its a micro sim, and I dont have any other micro-sim phones available. But with the signal being fine in other places (work etc) I dont believe the problem is with the sim.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I was wondering in case your phone wasn't picking up low signals very well. Only way to check if it's a phone or sim issue is to try another phone with same sim in the same location, or just request a new sim anyway and give it a try.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tell a lie, I have just tried it in my fiance's (it was a micro sim phone) and the signal is fine. So you think it is a problem with the phone picking up low strength signals?

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yep, sounds like it.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for your help

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear but at least you can go to the repairs team with all the info....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10