cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE wont turn on

Anonymous
Not applicable

My HTC one just gave up the ghost today - one minute it was on and working fine making calls, sending messages and browsing, next thing I know - It's dead and wont turn on. Thought maybe battery had died so connected the charger and nothing - no lights, nothing. Tried connecting it to my lap top and the laptop recognises something is attached but nothing happens. Is there a a way of resetting it or is it dead and O2 need to send me a new one as its only about 6 months old.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Further Googling suggest's it's a motherboard failure. There are many threads on various forums, one such here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2494799
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Hold power and volume down together for about 20 secs. See if that kicks it into life....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope tried that. If I do it when it's connected to the lap top that makes sounds but nothing from the phone on its own or plugged in.

Thanks

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Sounds dead 😞

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 would send it off to their repairs.

I would seek assistance from HTC.

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 would send it off to their repairs.

I would seek assistance from HTC.

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Very good advice, always go direct to the manufacturer if the phone is still under warranty, O2s repair partners are notorious for being poop!

Message 6 of 16

Cheezchi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This happened to me on Xmas MorningCrazy

Replied to a text at 5am on Today and my HTC One Black just turned itself off and wont turn back on. Tried the tips on this messageboard but nothing works. Plugged it in a charger on the wall and no light indicates it is charging. Tried the USB to my PC (it detects it on and off) but again no light.

So random as I have had no problems with this phone at all, and I have had it since Sept this year. So hugely frustrating considering there is no access to the battery or any useful tips anywhere online Grumpy

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Further Googling suggest's it's a motherboard failure. There are many threads on various forums, one such here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2494799

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Cheezchi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info M15!!!!!

I have never had a problem like this on any of my phones but then again this is my first android. With my other phones because I had access to the battery, I would normally reset the battery if the phone crashes whereas you do not have that option with this phone.

Motherboard failure is quite major considering it never crashed or showed any indication it was going to malfunction up until today.

Hopefully O2 can replace it or get it fixed and let me transfer my contract sim to an ol' sim card so I can use it on my ol' Blackberry if I decide to get it sent away and fixed

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
As it's under warranty o2 will send it to their repairers, who, unfotunately don't have a good reputation.
better support can be obtained from the manufactuer directly or CPW.
You sim can be used in an adaptor in your old BB whilst the HTC is away being fixed.
The power + volume is the same as a battery pull on this phone, so if that is not working it is indeed, sadly, more serious.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16