Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Simon_Cheshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, so ive taken a contract out today. I have 4g coverage in my area. Yet my mobile data is not giving me 4g and only h+, barely anything is loading. Had to resort to switching WiFi on. Is this normal as the website says there is no issues in the area? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

That depends, @Simon_Cheshire - do you live in a densely populated area? If it is just data that is not working, switching your phone settings to use 3G instead of 4G can sometimes help overcome this issue with an oversubscribed signal - but do log the issue with the network status tool as described in the Guide link below.

All other tips for signal troubleshooting are here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You can use the O2 network checking tool in MyO2 and log your test by registering for updates (also as explained in the Guide).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

That depends, @Simon_Cheshire - do you live in a densely populated area? If it is just data that is not working, switching your phone settings to use 3G instead of 4G can sometimes help overcome this issue with an oversubscribed signal - but do log the issue with the network status tool as described in the Guide link below.

All other tips for signal troubleshooting are here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You can use the O2 network checking tool in MyO2 and log your test by registering for updates (also as explained in the Guide).

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Simon_Cheshire
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ill log a report thanks 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

And anyone else you know in the area with similar performance on the O2 network should do likewise with the Network Checker tool - crowdsourced, I think is the term used in the guide.

Meantime, if it affects your voice calls too, WiFi calling on your phone will help: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Message 4 of 4