cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z Ultra, So Far!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here goes my first attempt at writing a review for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra.

After unpacking, the first thing that baffled me was how to insert my Sim Card?
And I didn’t realise how big it actually was! But that is my own fault for not doing proper research on what was available on Try the Tech!
But a quick search online and I came across this useful link http://youtu.be/XDF70ZeO9mo

I hadn’t used a decent Android Handset for a long time, but it was straight forward enough to set up, and the step by step set up guide was useful.
I’d pre-empted getting this so had already transferred my contacts from my iOS account to my Google account.
Obviously, the phone had been reset to factory settings before being sent out. So I had a few of the Apps to update, and it did crash in the process. But that could've been down to me still using it whilst all the pre-installed apps were updating? It was fine afterwards!
It was a great size to use as a tablet, don’t think you could get away with using it as an everyday phone, not unless you used a BT headset or Sony’s own Smart Bluetooth Handset would look even better with it’s NFC!

Took it with to work, and fortunately have decent screen holder to keep it in place, and did try out the Sony’s own Sat Nav which came with a 30 day free trial. Obviously screen size came into it’s own then. Did lose signal a few times, as shown on image, but did manage 4G when had to stop in Sheffield.

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 16.03.54.png

Screenshot_2014-11-28-12-55-50.jpg
Was planning on stopping to have a play with camera but typical UK weather didn’t allow that!
Managed a few shots at Fireworks following Christmas Lights turn on, and managed to work out the burst mode to allow Auto Awesome to do its magic on Google Plus.

DSC_000004.JPG

32 Comments