cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ace 4 Test

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

This is a review of a nice little phone... The Samsung Ace 4. Now I am currently using a Blackberry Passport as a daily driver (and I love it, so there! lol). But owning to the situation Blackberry is in, I am looking to change phones when my current contract comes to an end. I have NEVER used an android phone before, so please bear with me! 

When I got the phone I was a little nevous as to how to use the bloody thing! But went online and had a read and just went for it. It is a nice phone, well built, nice clear and bright screen, with great PPI, nice weight and feel. I have had no problems using the phone OS, as it is fairly straight forward and intuitive to use, in fact similar to BB10 ( Please don't yell!!), in which I mean it is easy to learn, fairly quickly I was going into settings to get the phone to look the way I wanted, and all is easy to do. Sometimes I got lost or hit the wrong thing, but with a quick swipe or keystroke I got all back to where I was, and carried on. The phone is KitKat 4.4, and I would love to see Marshmallow to check the differences in the Os'. 

I personally would not buy this phone, as it is a bit too small for me. My BB Passport has 4.5" square screen, and I like it.  If I were to switch to an android phone I would be looking for a newer one and bigger screen, 5" would be about right. I am looking for now, so any advice?? I know some of the readers may be thinking what the.. about this review, But I am saying how I found the phone, I am not a reviewer, just an ordinary guy who likes tech!!

Overall I like this phone, easy to use, carry, takes decent photos (not great, just good), and would do what I wanted to do, just a bit slower than what I am used to. I would say to people who are looking for a cheap phone, go for this Samsung Ace 4, it will do what you want it to do, no more, but no less either!!

I have been using this for about a month, and will be sad to see it go, as it has its uses, and I might buy one to help me get used to Android OS, but we shall see!!

Hope you all like what you have just read, I enjoyed writing it, and hope it helps!

Cheers!!

PS.    I was wondering about Windows 10, as I have been reading good things about that.

8 Comments