cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Phone Signal down - Expected fix 1 week time - NOT HAPPY

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live at 'MK18' my phone signal has been not working for 1 day now.
I have full signal, however when I try and ring out, it comes up with call fail, I have reset my phone etc etc.
Spoke to o2's awful customer service team and they have said 7 days to fix the problem.
7 DAYS! I thought it was a joke!
Case number: 6734252
Please ring o2 customer service or use their free email chat to report the fault!

Also sent this to all the major newspapers, tech websites.

Other people tweeting their problems -
paul_damien‎: Well @o2 failed to call back - how wrong can @o2 get
things - of course they don't do things wrong, I was told all my
fault, when it wasn't.
AndrewRatcliffe‎: O2 mobile signal completely dead in my bit of
Cumbria. anyone else the same?
FastStudentCash
@o2 why do all of our phones not have any signal????? They haven't for
1 day now. #O2FAULT
Facebook:
Hannah While o for ffs! i wondered what was going on! a week? bit of a
joke really..
Jon Armitage ####!! It's been killing me!
Anyone else having this problem?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess O2 have lost that magic wand that they're meant to wave around to fix all problems instantly.
I'm sure if it could be fixed sooner it would. I can't see any benefit of antagonising customers / ruining thier reputation by purposely waiting xx amount of time before repairing the issue.
With a lot of cell sites, due to the location they have to seek autherisation to access it due to trespassing laws (depending if where in the UK you are)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't expect the problem to be fixed instantly, but 7 days is ridiculous.
I know where the cell site is, they don't need permission as its their property.
Also shouldn't every cell site should be accessible by o2, for these very reasons?
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
In an ideal world yeah, but i remember a while ago a serving cell went down on MOD property and affected a whole town. It was in the media i think, and O2 took weeks to have it fixed because of having to apply for permission to access it to repair it. The first 2 engineer visits were only a tempory fix.
There must be a reason for it albeit we don't know exactly. Maybe engineer resources are limited in some way
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi discowill,
I'm sorry to hear about your coverage issues.
I've had a look at the case you've mentioned and it looks like the issue has been resolved.
Could you check your service and let me know if you can see that too.
Thanks
Paul
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like it is working again, wasn't working last night.
I found out that strangely o2 have been giving out random time frames i.e. 6 hours, 48 hours, 4 days & 7 days to all the local people, this is something they should look into.
Thanks
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had almost no signal for 3 days now in W12 in London. It comes on for a few seconds every now and then so I've had a few late messages every now and then but can't receive or make calls. I was told it could last 24-48 hours but it's still down. It's fine when I go to oher areas of London. This isn't good
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just about to get in touch with o2. Along with the drop in signal i am getting voicemails delivered late and with that text messages too.
Not happy.
Bournemouth
Message 8 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
new status page to see about local issues http://status.o2.co.uk/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you tell me what is going on with the o2 service at the moment please it says that i have full signal but am unable to send texts or make calls as it keeps telling me that it is failed. i cant ring o2 services as i cant make outgoing calls. this is becoming a huge problem as my sister is about to give birth anyday and as i am her only transport to hopsital she needs to keep in contact with me. she is having the same problem on her phone as she is on o2 aswell. thisis becoming a stress that she soesnt need at this moment close to her due date.
please provide some informationa anout this problem and when it looks to be fixed.
Message 10 of 13