Did you mean: 

Unable to migrate old number

rjk000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have just bought new O2 SIM cards for myself and my daughter and provided the PAC codes when I ordered them.

I changed my daughter's card last week, but she still hasn't had her old number transferred. 

I did mine this morning. I texted SWAP to 20220, as instructed, and replied immediately with the security code, but it said it had expired and I couldn't have a new one. I tried the website, and it said something was wrong and I should text SWAP to 20220 and I tried calling 202 and it said the same.

Please help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12119 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

o2 seems to struggle with PAC codes given when ordering @rjk000 so that might be why you are having an issue.

Try giving the PAC again using the form in this guide:

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I am also a little confused - you mention using PAC to move numbers, but also doing a SIM swap.

The two are very different - one moves a number between networks (eg EE to o2) and the other moves a number between SIM cards on the same network (so moving an o2 number from SIM 1 to SIM 2).

Can you confirm which one is correct?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

rjk000
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to move from Plusnet to O2. I didn't think we did need to do a "sim swap" initially, but the instructions were very vague and, when my wife did the same thing, it only seemed to work once she had done a sim swap.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12119 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Not sure how/why the swap worked for your wife if she was moving from one network to another @rjk000 

Moving should need a PAC, and how to give that to o2 is in the guide I posted earlier.

You should get a text to the number you want to keep confirming the day of the transfer.

Normally moves don't happen over the weekend, and can take a couple of days to fully complete.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

rjk000
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I suspect that, for my, the automatic process just happened to work and her texting SWAP to 20220 was harmless, but unnecessary.

For my daughter, it obviously didn't work though.. I tried filling out the form mentioned in the link you sent 🤞 that works.

"You should get a text to the number you want to keep confirming the day of the transfer."

Not going to see that text, as I took the old SIM out to switch to the O2 one. Hopefully, that's not an issue.

Thanks again for your help 👍

@gmarkj wrote:

Not sure how/why the swap worked for your wife if she was moving from one network to another @rjk000 

Moving should need a PAC, and how to give that to o2 is in the guide I posted earlier.

You should get a text to the number you want to keep confirming the day of the transfer.

Normally moves don't happen over the weekend, and can take a couple of days to fully complete.

@gmarkj wrote:

Message 5 of 5