Did you mean: 

Restricting my calls!

Upsetcustomer1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had enough!

I upgraded my phone last week and was sent a new sim which would not activate so after no response from customer service after 45 minutes I had to travel to an o2 shop which was the other side of town as most o2 shops have closed down nearby. They activated the sim and told me it would be up and running within the hour or definitley within 24 hours. This did not happen! After trying to get through to customer services again, another 45 minutes wait, it turns out I have accrued a bill for making a 45 minute overseas call using my old phone and old sim, unbeknown to me. I have asked for this charge to be investigated. In the meantime, I paid what they thought I owed just so I could use my phone and with the knowledge that the charge would be investigated, my new sim was reactivated and I was told I would have to wait up to 24 hours for this to work. This process of me contacting o2, which takes forever, has gone on all week. I have made 6 calls, two complaint emails, had a live chat and still, I can not use my phone! I have nothing on my account, I have a zero balance on my account yet apparently there is a 'glitch' in the system that restricts your phone until your phone bill date. So every time my phone has been reactivated it then gets deactivated so I have got a new phone I can not make calls or texts on until this so-called 'payment is due' which I have paid although the first two calls I made said I could not pay the bill until the bill date!! I even asked for them to change my payment date so I would not have to wait for this to continue till the end of the month. I have cried, screamed, given up and been stressed all week! I can not contact my elderly parents, use my phone for work or do anything that I need to do, like make a phone call. I was prepared to listen to the security check they had to put in place because of the overseas call but the 'system' still refuses to let me use my phone! Every single person I have spoken to at o2 has reassured me that the phone has been reactivated and I should not have a problem and yet here I am still not with a phone that I can make calls on. When I dare mention that I am paying for a phone I can't use I have been told that I will have to make another call to customer services and challenge them about paying a monthly bill that has meant not being able to use my phone. The last person I spoke to I asked to speak to the manager and was told I would have to wait up to 48 hours for a return call from o2. 48 hours!! Can you imagine?!  I am at a loss on what to do next nobody seems to be able to help me!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Lisa if she can help you in the morning

Look for a private message on here after 8am

Message 2 of 3

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @jonsie.

I am so sorry to hear this @Upsetcustomer1 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3