Did you mean: 

PRIMO 805 Doro A review by older user who is also partially hearing

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

DORO 805 Primo review

The Primo™ series is for people who want an easy to use mobile phone with essential features at an attractive price. Primo 805 by Doro has a 2.4” colour display, backlit big button keys, VGA camera & a speakerphone. Other features include dual SIM, SD card reader, FM radio, alarm, calendar, calculator, stop watch & three convenient quick keys to favourite contacts.

My personal review .      This view is mine. Please add any further personal experiences if different .

Primo is a neat & light clamshell phone, black in colour.(Black & white would help locate it in a handbag!)

• The small screen has a digital clock , the numerals are large & in white.( I used a photo of a dark surface as a background ).

•  

The symbols for the menu list are clear, the text is reasonably large.

• The central button for moving up & down, left & right through the menu & screen is pleasant to use. As is the the small left & right buttons for ''options'' etc.

• The number/alpha buttons are fairly large . I found them easy to press but the digits are small

• SIM card & SD card. Removal of the back & input of SIM  is tricky for older fingers

• Menu. Navigate via the central buttons. This phone is aimed at the older client . To set rings and tones and volume go to settings. (A lot of time was spent finding which settings were right for me. It was worth it)

•  Making calls & sending texts is straightforward. There's 3 buttons in which to store 3 favourite contacts
  •  My main thrill about the Primo phone is that I can hear callers voices on this phone , even in a supermarket. Being seriously hard of hearing not many phones allow me to make calls. Note The Primo is not hearing aid compatible via T bar or loop.
  • Photos / videos are obviously small you might be happy with the result . Stady hands required or there's rest the device on something hard and still

The personal downsides for me are

•  text inbox. Incoming list isnt clear & the list has tiny text. A person's tel no is superimposed onto the list
  • music playing when the clam shell is opened & closed . This can be stopped in settings but is complicated for some. Be prepared to try & try again

• Opening the back is very difficult , hazardous to nail & shell back alike

• Its  complicated  in parts

I still have my old phone. At the present the decision hasnt been made as to which to choose as my main phone. Being able to hear well scores high for Primo. The Primo is slightly more complex to use.

The Primo 805 is a good phone for the older person having the basic essentials. Neat with some good features. Some thought  should go into battery cover , placement of SIM and text size in places. The big plus for me was being able to make and receive mobile phone calls. The first time in years Fantastic  

If hearing is an issue it would be advisable to test the phone to find the settings best for your hearing loss and also with a variety of callers.

02 . It would be great to set up a system whereby brown book holders ,plus photo identity, would allow the hearing aid user to test the phone at home . I am unable to buy a phone/ tablet / smartphone with 02 , only the SIM, for this reason .

22 Comments