Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorised person using my number to send video texts to third party

idekko
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A person claims to be receiving video texts for my phone number, when I have not sent any video texts. to that person.

How may I stop future incidents?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@idekko have a look through this guide & it maybe worthwhile getting a free number change from O2. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@idekko There's been a rash of people's phone numbers being spoofed. It's a worldwide problem getting worse all the time. I think the only way to combat it at the moment is to change your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'll tag @EmilieT@Martin-O2 and @Marjo who are collecting info relating to this issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this is very possible in much the same way as it's possible to change what is displayed in the from field of an e-mail but the unfortunate thing with phone numbers is there is no way for the customer to check.

Message 5 of 5