Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Weird number/PAC shuffle - possible?

So, I've got a contract with O2, had the same number for years.

I'm now going to switch to Three, so want to take my phone number over there.  Easy enough, just get a PAC and away we go.

I'd actually like to keep my O2 contract running though, and have my wife use it.  Is this possible, and would I then be able to transfer her current PAYG O2 number onto my old O2 contract?

Highlighted
Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Re: Weird number/PAC shuffle - possible?

Hi there elylv.

No this is not possible.

When your new provider accepts the PAC then your existing contract ceases to exist.

Even the alternative of moving it to Pay & Go would have the same outcome.

Are you on one of those fantastic legacy tariffs with unlimited data or O2 calls? You could always look at getting your Wife a SIM only contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've no idea what contract I've got... certainly not unli...

I've no idea what contract I've got... certainly not unlimited data anyway!

I just think that for the sake of being a customer for over 10 years, I'd quite like to keep the contract running so I could get any further upgrade discounts in the future.

Highlighted
Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Re: I've no idea what contract I've got... certainly not unli...

But you are moving your number to another network...

Any "loyalty" discounts and benefits you have received or are entitled to are linked to your mobile number, if the number is no longer with O2 then there is no way to continue to benefit from them.

These days new and existing customers are treated equally, so there would be no harm in picking up a new number for your Wife.

Does that clear things up at all Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: I've no idea what contract I've got... certainly not unli...

Loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore so you wouldn't get any discounts even if you stayed on that tariff