Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service at home

AdamRennie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been having increased problems with my signal at home, struggling to use anything on my phone, calls constantly break up, texts/imessage struggle to send and whenever i make a call it constantly breaks up. I checked the network status regular and it always says there is a mast down in the area and engineers are working hard to fix this but nothing ever seems to change. I have now been getting text message updates sent to my phone about the problem but each one just increases the time that they consider a fix possible.

It's getting too the point where i am paying for a contract I cannot use and think its about time that I look into maybe being able to cancel the contract due to not being able to use it at my home address due too O2's unfixable mast. Wondering if anyone here has has a similar situation and what the out come was. I've been an O2 customer for a long time and i feel like the service isnt what it used to be and maybe time to change to someone willing to offer the service that I am paying for.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You'll need to follow the complaints process here, but it is possible that they will make an agreement with you https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

AdamRennie
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your quick reply, I'm not one to moan normally and as say been a loyal customer to O2 for a long time, I just don't think its fair to pay for a service that I'm not receiving where I use my phone the most of the time.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
I agree with you.
Start the process with complaints and let us know how it goes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

AdamRennie
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have started the compliant process now, the advisor I spoke to offered £10 off my bill for a good will gesture which I think is more of an insult than anything else, I do understand there is only so much that she can do so I have escallated it too a manager and waiting for a call back within the next 24 hours.

Message 5 of 8

AdamRennie
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Never got the call within 24 hours from the manager as promised, so I called back this afternoon, was advised the call would be before 6pm tonight, give them their due, within the hour I had the call.

Got the rudest manager possible, advised the only thing that they can offer is too refund the days that I was effected once the signal is back on, be it 2 days to 2 months. So they expect me to carry on paying my bill for a serivce I am not getting at my home address. When I said I was not happy to accept that as a solution was when the rudeness started. advised they are not going to just cancel the account with no fee to pay. I'd already advised her before she offered anythnig that I'd rather have the account cancelled but dont think it is fair that I should pay the full amount when I have had effected service at home, to me that means I am willing and understand due to the terms and conditions that a payment is needed but expecting some sort of discount.

This has now been escalated further and i will be contacted by the next team within 5 working days.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamRennie

I hope you get a remedy that you are happy with.

Bill credits tend to be the default remedy for operators in these situations.

I wonder if O2 are having difficulty getting access to the land the mast stands on or if there is an issue with a service linking it e.g. power or fibre.

Either way it really isn't your issue.

Ideally you want releasing from your contract?

Before you head off elsewhere I'd get hold of some PAYG SIMs and an unlocked phone and check what the signal strength is like as you could end up only marginally better off.

For example where I live O2 is about the best in terms of 3 and 4G coverage.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 8

AdamRennie
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My missus is with EE and she gets full 4G at home and where I work, that’s the main places I use the phone the most.

I don’t think they are going to discount the fee to cancel tbh and I’m not paying the full 310 to cancel so I’ll just most likely accept whatever discount they apply onto the contract wait till it’s finish then be moving my contract (and families) elsewhere
Message 8 of 8