cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Carphonewarehouse Help????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone tell me what the difference is if I take a contract ( the same one) for O2 out via carphonewarehouse or direct through O2.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Contract is with O2 and yes you can use all O2 web services and perks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only difference would be if the handset as a fault you would need to go to cpwh.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

So is the contract with O2 or CPWH? Would I still be able to manage my phone through the O2 website. Minutes left, view bills etc

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Contract is with O2 and yes you can use all O2 web services and perks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only downside is O2 not offering insurance with the iPhone 5 as the receive stock from cpwh £15 a month to insure it is a bit high really.
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Any phone insurance is a rip off anyway

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's handy to have the insurance though even though it is a bit expensive, some people can't afford to buy a new handset if it gets lost or stolen or you damage it.
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As you wish, it's personal choice, but there is always an excess to pay and they will try anything to wriggle out of paying a claim. Most likely say your phone is water damaged and not covered.....
Companies like "Protect your bubble" offer cheaper rates than the networks if you must have insurance and usually offer a lower excess.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never claimed on any of my iPhone models. Although I had a Sony Ericsson before that kept getting a speaker fault and carphone warehouse tried every trick in the book not to replace or repair. As you say the most common reason the give Is water damage. I kept on there case and the eventually replaced it.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Another tip, for warranty repairs at least, is to deal with the manufacturer rather than the network or reseller. You will mostly find they come up with less excuses for fixing faults.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17