Did you mean: 

Movies in August 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie discussion time again! Before we move on to August did you manage to see any of the films we talked about last month?

Personally I didn't see any of the films we discussed but I did watch Apocalypse Now: Final Cut at the iMax, which is an extended and remastered version of the film. It was great and the iMax screen was out of this world. It was taller then my house!! 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 10.30.46.png

Moving on to this months films we have yet another installment in the Fast and Furious franchise, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. I've not seen all the films in the series but the ones I have seen have been fun and certainty don't require any thinking. laughing

Next up is Good Boys which from the trailer I saw seems like an adult comedy staring kids who coming of age and get into all sorts of trouble along the way. 

If Horror is your thing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark looks good! It follows a group of teenagers who find a book if scary stories in a haunted house which start coming true. 

Angel Has Fallen is the 3rd installment in Gerard Butler's Secret Service agent action franchise. I did enjoy the previous movies so I'll definitely be checking this one out. 

Lastly we have a couple of animal/monster based horror action films, Crawl tells the story of a woman trapped in a hurricane fighting off angry alligators and 47 Meters Down: Uncaged is about 4 divers being  hunted by sharks in a ruined underwater city. 

Are you planning on watching anything in the cinema or at home this month and what were your movie highlights from July? slight_smilecool 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Scary Stories to tell in the dark seems like a Jumanji Scary Movie spin off haha

Message 2 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@TheGreyApe  Haha it does! I'd watch that though. laughing

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Same here @jonsie I do love a cheesy action movie on a rainy afternoon. 

signature

Message 5 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Hobbs & Shaw definitely - probably see that at the cinema..
Good boys, Angel has Fallen and Crawl all look good from the trailers but will probably see them later.
Would need to watch London has Fallen first too!
No mention of Itsy Bitsy though @Martin-O2? Not a fan or spider based horror films?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 10

Dothrakigirl19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been to see once upon a Hollywood. Not a bad film.
Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'd not heard of Itsy Bitsy @gmarkj but just watched the trailer and it's definitely going on my list! I'm not a fan of spiders so that should add an extra layer to the viewing. 

@Dothrakigirl19 I hear good things about Once Upon a Time In Hollywood and I'm hoping to catch it in the cinema in the next week or so. 

signature

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would not say that I am afraid of spiders either @Martin-O2, although I do not like it when they turn up when I am not expecting them.
For example - I closed the curtains in my bedroom last year and nearly got hit in the face by the one that was hidden in the folds of the curtain. Did not appreciate that just before bed!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Think I'm in the same boat as you @gmarkj. I don't mind them too much these says (used to be terrified when younger) but I certainly don't like them sneaking up on me! joy

signature

Message 10 of 10