R.I.P Robert.

I didn't realise it was so long ago..Smiley Sad

His assassin still lives on.

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

Re: 50 Years Ago Today

The government killed him.
Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

I remember this date all too well. My mum was up before me listening to the news as she wanted to hear the results from California on Bobby Kennedy's selection to run for President . She heard the news he'd been shot and told me. I was very upset remembering his brother's, John F Kennedy, assassination nearly 5 years previously. It was my first chance to vote in a Presidential election and I was hoping Bobby would be selected as the Democratic candidate so I could vote for him. It was not to be.

It was very early so all that was known was he'd been shot and who by, Sirhan Sirhan. The news of his death came later in the day.

I should also add this was 2 months after Martin Luther King was shot and killed. So 2 great men murdered in April and June of 1968. It was not a good year.

RIP Bobby and a belated RIP Martin. You were both truly great men who wanted to change America and died for it.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 547

I remember coming home from school and seeing replays of the assassination of the tv news....Only 2 channels in those days. I think it was the first time something was broadcast and in so much depth live from America. I remember being horrified at the time that something like this could happen. I had just turned 13.

Topics: 251

RFK RIP

I remember being so sad viewing it on the tv ... just like when his brother JFK had been killed ... still sad today Smiley Sad

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry