Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal

Gm4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I’ve not had any phone signal in my house for 2 weeks I did the o2 network checker and it said that they are carrying out  work to a mast  . I have my phone for my business  and getting missed calls and messages. The next day when I get to an area is  unacceptable. Help 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

Hi @Gm4 - sounds like you have already done what is suggested in this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? - and are waiting for O2 to repair the mast closest to you (which can be a while!).

If your handset is capable, and you have a good broadband connection to your house with reliable WiFi, you could try enabling VoWifi, or Wifi Calling, on your handset - O2 Help here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

This won't help you with missing SMS text messages, though,as WiFi calling does not include SMS on O2 yet - but at least you'll be able to make and receive voice calls so long as you are within range of your home WiFi signal.

Do keep checking you mast status using the app/link mentioned in the Network guide above every day - just to keep the pressure on for O2 to get the repair moving!

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

Hi @Gm4 - sounds like you have already done what is suggested in this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? - and are waiting for O2 to repair the mast closest to you (which can be a while!).

If your handset is capable, and you have a good broadband connection to your house with reliable WiFi, you could try enabling VoWifi, or Wifi Calling, on your handset - O2 Help here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

This won't help you with missing SMS text messages, though,as WiFi calling does not include SMS on O2 yet - but at least you'll be able to make and receive voice calls so long as you are within range of your home WiFi signal.

Do keep checking you mast status using the app/link mentioned in the Network guide above every day - just to keep the pressure on for O2 to get the repair moving!

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2