Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal strength drop

Creative
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.  I have a fixed antenna for 4g reception serving rural home broadband.  In the past couple of weeks the signal strength has dropped from a consistent 3 bar to 1 bar.   Have there been any changes to the network which could have affected this ?  I did receive a text saying o2 were working in the local mast to improve load throughput.  The location post code is EX17 4BS.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Creative 

Check the service status here O2 Service Status

EX17 4BS.

Our Network can get busy in this area.

This means your data could be slower than normal. We’re sorry about that. Our team is aware and working to make it better. Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move.

Updated 21:06 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Creative 

Check the service status here O2 Service Status

EX17 4BS.

Our Network can get busy in this area.

This means your data could be slower than normal. We’re sorry about that. Our team is aware and working to make it better. Our top tips for staying connected would be to find local Wifi hotspots and download whatever content you need whilst connected to Wifi, so you can still enjoy it on the move.

Updated 21:06 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2