Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract

Phian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Careless I know but my contract has become much larger, more data than I need and a higher monthly rate without my noticing - the beauty of Direct Debit.
I called customer service to query this but was told that I am on the cheapest contract (£17.55 + vat) available and nothing could be done until it expires in March yet O2 advertise cheaper deals such as O2 refresh.
Originally, our two phones were on different rates because my wife uses much less data than I do and even 2GB is enough for me.
The attitude of the person on customer service has left me inclined to take up an offer from BT, especially when she said my only options were to stay with the contact or pay £108 to leave early and couldn't explain why the cost and data allowance on both phones had gone up. Had she offered a lower rate I might well have signed up for another eighteen months.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Phian 

Did you take the contract out directly with O2? If so it would have been a Refresh contract.

Only 3rd parties (such as CPW offered a 2 year standard contract)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Phian 

Contracts go up every year by rpi https://www.o2.co.uk/prices#:~:text=This%20year's%20RPI%20was%20published,before%20you'd%20signed%20....

It's covered in the T&C's.

When you sign a contract you agree to pay for the full term, whether that be a standard contract of refresh.

You can only change by paying off what you owe, in your case, £108.00.

Once you have completed your minimum term you can choose to keep yoour phone and take a sim only contract which will reduce your costs further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Phian
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My original question to customer service was when, how and why did my data rates and hence the cost get uprated. I have two numbers which were on different data limits now both are the same.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Phian 

Unfortunately, no one here can know when or why your tariffs changed.

O2 would not change your tariff without informing you, but customer service will be able to look at your account to see when it changed and who instigated it.

Try these numbers to call on Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Phian
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was not expecting an answer on here, merely commenting on the response I got from customer service on a query regarding the change in contract.

Message 6 of 7

Phian
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I certainly did not take out a contract with CPW, it was almost certainly over the phone possibly renewing something I took out in a O2 shop when their Guru sorted out a problem for me.

Message 7 of 7