Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM

Pinhead667
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a pysical SIM card inside. I would like to add a second line - I don't mind whether it is a business line or personal, as long as the tariff is good value. I'd like to do this by adding the second number as an eSIM, affectively making the phone dual-SIM.

Obviously, at the moment, I cannot go out to an O2 store to pick up an eSIM pack and I am unable to get through to anyone on Customer Services due to the (rightly) re-prioritsed service. So, can I either email O2 to request an eSIM pack be sent out - and, if so, to whom do I direct the email - or, like some other service providers, can the esSIM be dowloaded (the QR code being sent out by email, for example)?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pinhead667 

There is no email for O2. You have to phone them Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Pinhead667
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, and thanks very much for the information.

It seems as though O2 have suspended Live Chat and the wait to get through to Customer Services is an hour or so of holding the line. That isn't great.

I understand that these are unique times, but it seems as though there really is no one there that can help.

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pinhead667 

The best time to call is about 8am. Try 8002 at that time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Pinhead667
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tip - I'll try that tomorrow. 👍

Message 5 of 10

Pinhead667
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I managed to get through to O2 and have had my eSIM delivered. I have set it up on the phone as a secondary account and want to SIM Swap the physical SIM number to the eSIM, then make it the primary account (and then add a second number, a physical SIM which will become the secondary number).

Despite receiving guidance (by text message and on the website) telling me to text SWAP to 20220, I get an immediate message back saying that thi can no longer be done by text and has to be done by contacting your 'internal telecoms team'. On the website, it gives some instructions on how to do this by signing in to My O2 Business, the My Account. Go into My Devices and select SIM Swap.....

I simply do not have this option in My Account! Any help here would be gratefully received.

Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure that eSimw work on business accounts @Pinhead667.
Do you know @MI5?
Great user name by the way - fan of the films?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No idea, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Pinhead667
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Not sure that eSimw work on business accounts @Pinhead667.
Do you know @MI5?
Great user name by the way - fan of the films?

O2 seem to think that there isn't a problem with an eSIM on a Business Account. After an hour and 12 minutes waiting on the line (I understand that these are exceptional times) I managed to get through to someone who confirmed that this can only be done via the phone now, and performed the SIM Swap for me. Just waiting for that to become active now.

I'm just puzzled as to why I got the text message telling me to do this via SMSwhen it simply can't be done that way, and why the instructions on the website are also telling me to do this via text when I can't. Surely, if the process has been changed, it can't be THAT difficult to update the website to reflect this - it's just incredibly frustrating otherwise.

And yes, certainly a fan of the first 4 Hellraiser movies. But, sadly, I think they lost their way a little after that. I was looking forward very much to the last one (number 10 as I recall), but unfortunately it was just dire. pensive

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks for confirming that.
It might be because you are on a business contract it is different than as consumer (normal) one.
Only watched the first couple. Didn't know there was 10!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10