cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Problems After Attempting Personal Hotspot (iPhone 5s)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am having signal problems with my iPhone 5s after attempting to use personal hotspot.

My phone now flicks between having 4G to E to no signal multiple times an hour.

Before trying to use personal hotspot, I encountered no problems.

Any ideas on how to solve would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's most unlikely to be connected to be honest and I would check if there is any work going on in your area on the network http://status.o2.co.uk/
If you are still convinced it is a phone issue, do a full reset through iTunes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Are you on contract or PAYG? As far as I am aware you must be on contract or a sim only deal to be able set this up. ....?

I hope @MI5  will confirm this...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes indeed, contract only, but shouldn't have any effect on phone signal......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Try ->

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

You could be experiencing SIM card issues.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store (if on Contract please take some Photo I.D just incase), or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk Or text SWAP to 20220

Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information. And please take some Photo ID for Contract Sim Cards just incase your asked.

The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle.

Also another option if you have an Apple Store local is a Genius Bar appointment for a diagnostic via -> http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes indeed, contract only, but shouldn't have any effect on phone signal......

Of course and thank you...(note to self....read the post fully before attempting to answer) .......Destroy wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.

I am on a contract with O2 and have checked the reported issues and none are flagged.

Regarding the other pointers, resetting network settings and sim swap, I'll look at these this evening and update.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome. 😄

I hope things come good for you and look forward to Your next update.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice.

No problem and good luck..

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9