Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

ice cream sandwich

i have galaxy s2, gingerbread, version 2.3.5 when will ice cream sandwich be available?

Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,066

Re: ice cream sandwich

[ Edited ]
About 12 months ago - Have you connected to Kies to update phone? http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

yep just being trying that, can't find any settings or no prompt for update? am i missing something?

Highlighted
Topics: 543
Solutions: 12,066

Make sure you have the latest version of Kies (it should update automatically but do a "check for updates"). It will then tell you on the "General tab your current firmware and the latest and should say you have an update. You need to connect with the data cable, not wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

i have galaxy s2, gingerbread, version 2.3.5 when will ice cream sandwich be available?

Hopefully Jelly Bean will be coming to the S2 this month (at least if the current round of rumours are to be belived Smiley Very Happy )

Chris